Chapter 9

Sang's P.O.V.

"Sang," I'm shaken awake.

       "Hmm?," my eyes flutter open.

       "We're here," Silas says and I nod before lifting my head off his lap. My head hurts even worse than before, the pain now spreading to my neck. I'm hit with a wave of nausea, causing me to groan again and then I stick my head between my knees. "Are you alright?," I hear Silas ask.

      "Yeah, I just need a second," I say. The nausea gets worse and I sit up to open the door to the van. I get out, feeling very dizzy. I collapse to my knees before emptying the contents of my stomach onto the ground.

       Someone's hand is rubbing my back, but I don't have it in me to see who it is.

I suddenly see Axel's face in front of mine. "Sang, what's wrong?"

       I rub my forehead as if that will magically make it feel better, but wince when I realize how tender it is. "My head...," I trail off.

       "What? Did you hit your head earlier?," he asks.

         The memory is fuzzy and for some reason it takes me a moment to come up with an answer. "Yes, twice."

          My hand flies to the back of my head and I feel where a knot has formed. Sean appears next to Axel, looking concerned. "Sang, are you okay to walk? I need to examine your head."

      I feel slightly less dizzy now that I've thrown up, so I think I can make it. "Yeah, I'm good." Axel sticks an arm out as I attempt to get up and I grab it to steady myself.

       Those who weren't in the van walk up now, looking confused. "What the fuck is going on?," North asks.

"She hit her head," I hear one of them say as Axel starts helping me inside. As soon as we make it in, the light makes my head feel much worse.

        When we finally get off the elevator, I think we end up in Sean and Mr. Blackbourne's apartment. Sean goes to get something while while Axel helps me to the couch. Everybody has followed us up here, which seems unnecessary, but I don't comment on it.

       Sean comes back out and sits in front of me. Before he asks anything, he follows my eye movement to check my pupils. "You said you hit your head twice," he asks, "Do you remember how?"

      The memory seems so far away, despite it happening only hours ago. "Um," I say, "I was slammed into the wall and then.... I head butted that man."

"Knew we should have done more than just kick him out," North grunts from across the room.

Sean pulls a pen from his pocket. "Do you see this?," he asks.

I nod, "Yeah."

"Try not to move your head," he says. "What was the last thing you ate?"

I pause, the answer takes forever to come to me. "I had a sandwich before getting ready for tonight."

"What did I just show you?," he asks.

I stare at him for a moment. "What?"

"I showed you something from my pocket. Do you remember?"

"Of course," I say and then pause again. Did he show me something? I rack my brain and then it hits me. "A pen. It was a pen."

"Who just helped you upstairs?," he asks, "Do you remember?"

        I know this one, but it still takes a full minute for my brain to draw up the right name. "Axel."

He keeps asking me questions and then randomly bringing out an object before asking if I can remember what he showed me. Sometimes I could remember and sometimes I couldn't.