Chapter 5

Sang's P.O.V.

        I take a piece of hair and wrap it around my curling iron. Today has been spent studying my profile, Ian Collins, and different types of drinks that I could be serving. It was hard to focus, since I didn't sleep well last night.

      All I could think about was Axel. I feel bad about punching him yesterday. I was just pissed. Now that I've had some time to think about it some more, I don't really know how to feel.

     I may have changed since the last time I saw him, but not that much. He was my first love, the only person I've ever loved, that doesn't just go away. A small part of me wishes we could just go back to the way we were, but I don't know if that's possible.

      He's the reason I prefer  being alone. He left and it hurt so much. And I don't know how long this mission will last, but when it's done I'll be heading somewhere else. Why open myself back up to just get hurt again?

        I focus on getting ready again. Axel will have to wait, I have a job to do. I finish my hair and makeup before getting dressed.

I grab my stuff and leave. When I get to Envy, I park in the back and go through the back door like Phil told me to.

I search for wherever his office could be until I finally find it. I knock on the office door and wait for somebody to answer. I hear his voice, telling me to come in, so I open the door.

       "Nina?," he asks.

         I nod, "Yes, it's nice to meet you."

         I go to shake his hand, but he just holds his finger up and twirls it around. I hide a frown and spin around slowly. When I'm facing him again, he nods approvingly.

        "Have a seat," he tells me.

         I sit down and he says, "So, have you worked in a club before?"

       I shake my head, worried this might impact my chances at getting the job. "No, I haven't. But, I'm a fast learner."

       He nods but his face doesn't really change, so I can't tell how he feels about that. "And why do you want to work here?"

       "I need a way to pay for school, and this seemed like a nice place where I could make enough money to do that."

      "So you're in school? Or you will be starting eventually?," he asks.

       "Starting next fall, hopefully. I also have expenses to think about, but I'm going to be hopefully saving enough money so I can go."

      "This job isn't just serving drinks. It's about creating an experience for the customer. You have to be able to encourage them to have fun, and have some fun with them. It's long nights. Is that something you can handle?"

      "Yes, I can handle it," I smile.

        "What are your preferred days to work?," he asks.

        "Since I'm not in school currently, my schedule is free. Whatever days you want to put me on works for me."

       "Alright," he says, "We'll give it a shot. Come in tomorrow night at the same time and I'll have one of the girls start training you."

      "Thank you so much, you won't regret this," I smile.

      "We'll see. You can go."

       Before I leave I ask, "What should I wear tomorrow?"

       "Right," he points to some bins in front of his desk, "These are the uniforms. We order a bunch in advance because they take a while to come in, so just grab your size in each."