32

It wasn't unimaginable for Draco to fall asleep with her anymore. In fact, he needed her to fall asleep. He needed to hug her closer and breathe in her fresh minty breath or scent of old books and candles.

She had grown used to him being clingy when sleeping. It was difficult to move during the night. He would pull on her to make sure she didn't leave, even if she never did. She sometimes struggled to breathe as his hand wrapped around her shoulders and sometimes neck. It was hilarious to watch her struggle.

The two were on an old ripped up Slytherin couch in the room full of forgotten objects. Draco had fallen asleep after she let him calm down, the tears leaving him tired and dry. His head laid in her lap as she held a book in her right hand and ran the fingers of her left hand through his hair. Draco's quiet snores and breaths filled up the room, the only sound they were able to hear. As her eyes scanned the sentences in the book, Draco's arm wrapped around her waist, snuggling his face closer in her lap.

A smile without her consent formed on her face as she looked down at him. Her hand closed the book, setting it down and resting her elbow on the armchair of the couch. She gently ran her hand up and down his back, a feeling of relief washing down on Draco.

Her smile began to fade as she thought about the secrets he kept from her, the lies he might've told. He was so secretive, but so obvious about it. Well, to her at least. Draco was a good liar, but there's a saying that suggests that there's always one person that will see through you. Unfortunately for him, it was her; the person he needed to lie to the most. He didn't want to, obviously, but he'd put himself in danger, his family. Her.

As he laid on his stomach, he suddenly turned, his head looking up as he stretched out and still keeping his palm on her waist.

His eyes slowly opened, "Enjoying the view, Lilith?" he smirked, looking at her shake her head and smile when she looked back up, "Don't be shy, I know you do."

He sat up, moving close to her face as she kept looking away, trying to occupy herself with something other than him. He was such a tease. His fingers tucked her hair back and moved from her jawline to her chin, moving her head towards him.

His eyes smiled when hers looked back at him, watching her brown eyes gaze all over his face, "What's wrong?" he asked. He became quite observant, especially around her. He noticed the slight twitch and flicker in her eyes, her lips and even the way she sat.

"What?" she questioned, "Nothing." Draco tilted his head, seeing right through her.

"Don't lie." his words were slow and precise, almost deep and flirtatious. She shook her head, shrugging as if telling him he's out of his mind, "Lilith."

"Draco."

He smiled in a weird way. As if he was disappointed she didn't answer him truthfully. And well, he was disappointed. Then again, he wasn't so honest himself.

"I like how you say my name," he whispered, noticing her fingers fiddle with one another in her lap, probably sweaty and cold at the same time, "Say it again." he whispered in her ear, his lips almost kissing the skin right under her ear.

She unexpectedly let out a shaken breath, her eyes fluttering as she opened her mouth, "Draco."

Draco smiled, dipping his head closer to her and finally kissing her neck. It felt like he was planting flowers with his kisses; dandelions and roses without thorns, beautiful lilies and gorgeous sunflowers. Her head slightly fell back as he moved towards the front, his eyes closed and eyelashes slightly tickling her.

Her lips felt dry without his. Knowing he was teasing her and purposely kissing her neck instead of her lips drove her insane. She opened her eyes, lowering her head. Draco pulled back surprised, his greyish blue eyes gazing her. She moved her body towards his, her fingers gripping his collar and tugging him close, making him lose his balance. He caught himself on the back of the couch and one hand on her thigh.

She should've been asking questions, getting answers. She shouldn't be kissing him right now. God, this is so confusing! she screamed to herself, her brows creasing as she did so. Her grip around him tightened, making his grip on her thigh tighten as well, soon to travel up her leg.

It felt like he was aware of her intentions, of her questions and curiosity. So he used his charm against her, he used his lips and his hands, his fingers and his eyes that hypnotized. Maybe he was aware, maybe he wasn't; but he sure as hell needed her.

"Lilith," he pulled back, his breaths heavy and fast as well as lips swollen, red and wet, "You're not here."

She stared back at him. He was smart, unlike what she thought. He felt she was off, he felt how her kisses were different; much more aggressive and dominant. She wasn't aggressive, or dominant. Astera was sweet, caring, easy, calm and so were her kisses.

"What?" she breathed out.

"Where's your mind, Lilith?"

She sat back, her eyes creased and looking down at her lap. Draco adjusted himself in front of her, his hand gently on her knee, sort of comforting her, "I just..." she hesitated, "I don't know what is going on, Draco."

He gulped, looking down as she looked up, expecting to see him glaring or already raging. Instead, he looked defeated and torn. He was.

"Yeah, I don't either," he was quiet, "If you don't know then... We're pretty much screwed."

She returned the look on his face, her lips curling up, "Did you just make a joke?"

"Maybe."

She scoffed, turning her head as she smiled. Draco never let his eyes off her, following her every move as if he'd never see her again, as if he'd never get to love her again.

"I, um..." she began slowly, her fingers playing with the ring on his finger, "I started out hating you, Draco. And I was rude to you like you to me. I wish I wasn't, but then again... It was hard not to," Draco licked his lips, his head slowly nodding as he knew she was right, "I wanted to get to know you. To show you that not everyone is out to get you. And you... You changed, but for so much better."

His hands began to warm up as she soon took a hold of them, still playing with his ring to show her fear and insecurity.

"I mistook you, and I'm sorry for that."

Draco looked back up, noticing the regret in her eyes but also the beg for forgiveness.

"Lilith, it sounds like you're breaking up with me," he smiled, letting out a choked laugh. She smacked his hand, but didn't resist hiding her own smile.

"Look," she sighed, finally giving in, "You can be a pain, you act like a child sometimes but... All of those things make me like you. And I do, like you, I mean. I like how you want me to read to you, or how you find a way to catch my attention when you walk behind me to get to your table at breakfast. I like it when you hold me when you sleep and how you kiss me when you wake up... I like everything about you, Draco. Even the things you don't like about yourself."

Draco was in agony. He felt alarmed and suffocated. It felt like someone knew what she said, heard her, and is now punishing him for it. She couldn't like him, how could she? No one was supposed to like Draco Malfoy, much less the things about him. He was confused and battling his thoughts, it honestly hurt. It felt like at any given moment he'd break in front of her. Right now, it felt like he would.

So, instead he just smiled and kissed her, like he'd never kissed her before.

"You're wonderful, Lilith," he said in her lips, watching her closed eyes as her lashes rested on her cheeks, "You're smart," kiss, "Beautiful," kiss, "And I'm utterly head over heels for you."