18

"Good morning."

The professors all looked up, noticing the bright student walk in the hall. She smiled at all of them, receiving warm smiles in return as well as good mornings. She took her seat at the dining table, taking a sip of her tea.

As she sat there, eating her food, her heart beat was going way too fast. When she woke up in the Slytherin common room, she jumped out quickly, left and changed in her dormitory. How could she have just slept there? In the enemy's den?

Slytherin's had a life long duel with the Gryffindors, but really, the Slytherins had duels with every house. Often times in the month, the Ravenclaws were attacked by the Slytherins, getting some sort of prank or sick joke. Unfortunately for the Slytherins, Ravenclaws were not ones to back down. Sure, they were calm, collected and down to earth people, but cross them off, and they were very unpredictable.

She talked to herself quietly as she walked the halls to attend breakfast, ultimately beating herself up for it. Why did she feel such guilt if she went there by her own will?

"Miss Lilith, I know you hear this a lot, but any sign of Mister Malfoy this morning?" said professor Mcgonagall, holding the beverage in her hand.

"No, professor, I haven't." she said, her eyes going to Snape as he looked at her with a face that just screamed "I don't believe you,".

She turned back, eating her food and trying her best to avoid any other questions or interactions regarding Malfoy.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

"That's.... quite disgusting, actually."

"Aye, now, it's my special recipe." Hagrid said, holding the pot with very mysterious ingredients inside of it, "It's delicious."

Astera watched with slight disgust as Hagrid took a sip with the big spoon, smacking his lips a few times. She turned her head as the smell made its way towards her, fanning it away with her hand. Hagrid noticed her behaviour, laughing as she stuck her head out the window.

"Honestly, Hagrid, I don't think you'll get me to try that," she said, her the wind blowing her hair, "Even if my life depended on it."

"I'll let you ride Buckbeak." said Hagrid, watching her turn her head towards him with hope but quickly losing it.

"No, you won't."

"Yeah, you're right, I won't."

The two laughed together, their voices filling up Hagrid's small hut.

Astera had always spent her times with Hagrid. He was pretty much her favourite teacher. Hagrid always listened to her, no matter how absurd or strange she sounded when she spoke, or no matter the subject she chose. He also loved her company. She wasn't like most students that thought he was an oaf or an annoying tall man.

"So, what'd you do yesterday? Actually, I haven't seen you in a few days, haven't I?" Hagrid said, taking the warm water from the fire and pouring it their tea mugs.

"Yes, I was quite busy," she said. Hagrid looked at her weirdly, getting her to sigh, "Alright, but if you tell, I'm telling about that time you snuck another baby dragon here."

Hagrid took his hand out, shaking hers in deal, "I've been occupied with Malfoy..."

"Malfoy? Draco Malfoy?!"

She smacked her forehead with her palm, "Why don't you say it louder, eh?"

Hagrid apologized, sitting down in his comfortable chair, "He's so strange, Hagrid. I mean, you remember how lively he was and how much energy he had to torment others," she said, receiving a sad nod from her professor, "He's usually in the Room of Requirement, in his dorm or by the windows. Weirdly enough, he's very quiet. Well, he's still arrogant and mean, but still..."

Hagrid drank his tea, watching her conflict with herself, "Did something happen?"

She looked up, deciding to open up to him. Astera trusted him and she knew he'd tell her what to do. She explained herself thoroughly, going through every detail, even the way he blinked or walked in those moments. Hagrid kept quiet, widening his eyes a few moments.

"And this morning, when professor Mcgonagall asked me if I had seen him, I lied."

"You spent the night in the Slytherin common room?"

"Is that really the main thing you took out of all of this?" she asked, giving up on him in a joking manner. Hagrid shrugged.

"Listen, I don't usually talk about other students," he said, cutting himself off when Astera raised a brow, not fully believing him, "Yeah, yeah, whatever... But, I heard from someone that Draco wasn't able to perform a Patronus Charm. It just never happened."

Astera sat up better, "What? Are you sure?"

Hagrid nodded," It's quite sad actually. The charm comes from your happiest memory. Imagine being so sad, not being able to perform a charm like that."

Astera kept quiet, her head hanging low, "What if I helped him?"

"As much as I admire you, you can't help everyone, Astera." Hagrid said sadly, feeling bad for discouraging her. As much as she knew he was right, she masked it with her confidence.

"Well, you obviously haven't met me. There isn't a student I haven't tutored that hasn't been excellent afterwards."

"That charm isn't terminology or goes by books. It happens from memories. What're you ought to do? Plant happiness inside him?"

She nodded, "If that's what it takes."

"I don't believe it," Hagrid said.

"Fine, lets make a deal," she took out her hand, "If I get Draco to perform a Patronus Charm, you owe me a ride on Buckbeak."

Hagrid laughed, putting his hand in hers, "And if I win, you'll be served a plate full of my delicious recipe."

Astera smiled.

"Deal."