16

For days, Draco was nowhere to be seen. For days, he hadn't eaten or drank water or seen the light of day. For days, Draco laid in his bed, motionless and scared to move, afraid his body would break with just a simple movement. His head had ached every second of the day and night as well as his wrist. His sheets were stained with red and his pillowcase was always wet from his tears.

The boy let himself slowly turn to dust, letting the hours pass and hoping he'd soon die out. He hoped his body would give up from the lack of food or water or sunlight. He hoped someone would find his body, and finally let him rest.

His head couldn't comprehend the event that happened in the bathroom. He couldn't bring himself to call himself a Death Eater. Draco's head couldn't grasp the idea of killing those like Hermione, or Harry. As much as he acted like he was superior, and to an extent believed it, Draco was no killer. He wasn't a murderer. He was just a boy.

"Miss Lilith?" Astera turned her head to Dumbledore's voice, closing the three books in front of her and folding up the parchment she had been writing on.

"Yes, sir?" she said, watching Dumbledore approach her seat at the dining hall's table.

"Have you seen Draco? He hasn't joined us at lunch or dinner these few days. I'm sure you've noticed."

Astera nodded, her lips pressed in a firm line, "I've noticed, yes. But, unfortunately, I haven't seen him."

Dumbledore immediately thought of the day he saw them outside, a small smile going across his face, "Are you two friends?"

Astera's eyes widened slightly, collecting her thoughts quickly as Dumbledore made the decision to sit across her, "Not really, sir. Draco and I have a lot of differences. Many of which I do not agree with. Why do you ask?"

She propped her elbow on the table, resting her chin on her small palm, "Well, I couldn't help but look at the two of you that day. Outside, in the snow."

Astera replayed that day, quickly remembering they were right in front of the Headmaster's office. She wasn't as sleek as she might've thought.

"Oh... That."

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, Astera," Dumbledore said in a calm way, "Sometimes friendships bloom in the most unexpected of places."

"True, sir, but," she sighed, "I don't know... I can't stand the way he walks over people and eversolightly uses that word."

Dumbledore hummed, slowly nodding his head, "In the world, you meet people that bring out the worst of you. Then, you meet people who bring out the best possible in you. Draco is easily influenced by the wrong kind. But, people like you have the power to bring out the good in him."

Astera listened closely, her mind replayed images of Draco without her agreement.

"You see, we are divided by words such as Pure-blood, Muggleborn and Halfblood. But, if you take a look into every person and the blood through their veins, you will find that the only difference we have is the pace at which our heart beats."

Astera kept quiet, knowing he was right. She didn't really look at it in that aspect, she sort of just accepted people as they were. As much as she accepted Draco's blood status, she did not, however, accept his way of using it.

"Besides, he's still just like you."

☆☆☆☆☆☆

The plate in her hands was still warm as she carefully balanced the fork and knife on it. She made sure not to spill the mashed potatoes or let the chicken wings fall off.