49

It was loud and it was terrifying. The thought of children hurting almost made their ears bleed. Neville was nowhere to be seen, Ginny as well and Astera and Elle were left to look after the younger students in the Room of Requirement.

"I can't take this anymore."

"Elle, wait!" Astera caught her wrist as she was about to leave, looking at her white knuckles as she held onto her wand too tight, "Let me go. I'll be quick, just look after them, okay?"

Elle sighed, nodding and walking back to the group of kids. Astera looked back at her for a second and left the room, walking down the hallway to where the screams and argument erupted from. But as she reached for her wand, she gasped when she realized she left it back at the Room of Requirement. Her chest froze, stopping itself from breathing as she realized she'd have to defend herself without her wand. Hopefully, that wouldn't be needed.

"Let go of him!" Ginny's voice made its way to Astera, making her start to run towards a classroom. She noticed the students blocking the doorway. It was as if every student was in front of the door, watching in horror and some amusement as the Carrows laughed at the boy being tortured.

Astera pushed herself between the students, ignoring their comments as they merely sounded like muffled noise to her ears. Before her, she saw Ginny being held back by a boy much bigger than her and Neville held by his hair, made to watch the third year boy before him struggle to keep his composure as the Cruciatious curse made him curl on the floor.

Astera's blood boiled as her hands balled into fists. Ginny noticed the girl standing in front of a random student, her eyes wide as she noticed the magic seep from Astera's fingers. Quickly, she raised her hand, a force pulling the Carrow woman up into the air and throwing her back against the wall.

"She said to let him go," her voice was clear as her hand stood raised in the air, holding the teacher to what felt like her throat as her legs desperately searched for the ground that was too far from her reach.

Ginny took this as an excuse to use her elbow and hit the boy in his side, Neville following along as he used his sleeve to brush the blood from his forehead off of his skin. Astera's hand lowered and the woman fell, curses leaving her lips as Ginny and Neville took the boy in their arms, moving away from the crowd that had formed. Astera noticed she was alone to deal with the Carrows and the two boys on their side, her breath quickening as she widened her stance, readying herself for an attack.

"Hey, Carrow!"

The students from the doorway scattered as Neville's arm threw a small explosive in the room, some of Fred and George's master tricks they gave him. Astera took her chance and ran outside, the rest of the students shouting, arguing and just making chaos in general.

Ginny's arm was stretched out towards Astera who took it quickly, running alongside her as students against the Order and the DA ran after them, shouting words and throwing spells.

"What are you doing?" Ginny yelled as Astera stopped and let go of her hand.

"Go!"

Ginny hesitated before Neville pulled her arm and dragged her with him. Astera's magic was quick and powerful as she concentrated, a small voice in her head encouraging her to continue her spells. The students ran into magic that felt like glass, holding them off as their fingers pressed against the invisible wall, curious as to what had happened and why their way was blocked.

"Astera."

"Pansy?" she looked back as Pansy's hand put itself on her shoulder, looking at the crowd of students and terrible professors that ruined their school.