60

The Great Hall filled with students and their families, all smiling as they saw their parents, siblings and guardians for the first time in a while. The Headmistress smiled as she watched everyone hug one another, turning her head to face Astera who stood next to her, hands on her stomach as she held her wrist with her right hand.

"I'm glad you started this, Minerva," said Astera, watching a first year run up to his brother, "Kind of wish we had this too, you know?"

Minerva's hand rested on the woman's back, patting it a few times, "Back then I wasn't Headmistress, Astera. We have it now."

Minerva becoming Headmistress was pretty much the best thing to happen to Hogwarts, besides the school reopening after it had been saved and woken from the dead. Things changed, yet she still honoured her late friend by keeping some traditions the same. But this one, was Astera's favourite. Minerva had word with the Ministry, having them allow her to let parents and family come during Christmas or during the middle of the year to visit their children. It was the least she could do for the generation she watched fight for their lives.

After a few heartwarming words from the Headmistress herself, Astera walked down the few stairs, smiling as she approached the group of people she missed dearly.

"Oh, make way everyone! Hogwarts' best is coming our way!" Ronald said dramatically, holding onto Harry as he pushed him aside. The woman laughed, locking eyes with all of them and not being able to suppress the urge to give them all a hug.

"You look stunning!" Hermione said, her hands on Astera's shoulders as she looked at her beautiful robes. Robes she has designed herself, with golden stars and constellations lining the bottom and a lovely corset on her waist with a beautiful cape-like detail on her back, as well being detailed with stars, "It's been so long hasn't it?"

"What was it? 2 years since last time?" Astera said, smiling as she looked at the lines around Hermione's eyes when her lips curled and widened. They really all grew up and it was surreal.

"Don't remind her. She'll start crying again," said Ron. He approached the woman, hugging her whilst Harry couldn't wait and just joined in. It was like a small family reunion. They all stood around the tables that had been put up, drinks and small snacks lining them as parents caught up with their old school friends.

Neville had joined in a while later, with his wife by his side as well as Luna Lovegood. The friends all caught up as they gathered around, the table suddenly becoming too small for them, but squeezing in nonetheless.

"Nev has been trying to take my position as most loved teacher," Astera joked.

"Bit of a friendly competition won't hurt, huh?"

Her and Neville had become close friends after he began his job as the Herbology professor at Hogwarts. For Minerva, it was more than swell to have her students back at Hogwarts and teaching the next generations.
Ginny walked back to their table after reuniting with some other friends she had made during her 4th year at Hogwarts.

Nonetheless, the view was magical. It felt warm and home-like again. And when Harry locked eyes with the new Headmistress, a smile and a nod was enough for both of them to know that everything was alright and would stay that way.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Nothing's been the same you know?" Ron said, holding his drink with both hands as he rested his shoulder against the wall, "Birthdays, occasions. He barely ate, honestly. I don't think any of us knew how to keep going after that."

"He asks about you guys every chance he gets, you know? I think it's good that he has the chance to see him now. One way or another," said Astera, her fingers twirling her necklace as she looked at Ron, "You sure you don't want to see him again?"