29

Draco and Astera practiced together for days, hiding themselves in the Room of Requirement or Astronomy Tower. As days went by, Draco grew closer to Astera, and soon enough felt a guilt in his chest for not being honest with her; for not telling her how he was a Death Eater and how he hid himself along with the Vanishing Cabinet.

Those thoughts made it harder for him to focus on his spells, especially when he would look at her. It became hard to even be with her, but he couldn't push her aside. He needed her, though he didn't know it.

"I'm not lying, I saw a flick of light!" Astera loudly exclaimed in frustration, holding her wand up. Draco let out a laugh as he purposely tortured her, finding her amusing.

"The only flick you saw was this," he said, lifting his hand and flicking her forehead. She shot back by waving her wand and making wind blow in his face.

"Whatever, we should probably stop for today," Astera said, putting her wand in the pocket of her Ravenclaw robe, "I think you're doing better though."

"Yeah?" she nodded, taking a seat on one of the stairs on the Astronomy tower, hugging her knees to her chest, "I don't see it, honestly."

"That's what I'm here for."

Astera had Draco grow on her the same way she did to him. They no longer ended their encounters in an argument or a fight. Especially, no more wandless threats. She had seen a side of him only his mother knew, even then, she didn't know it fully.

Draco sat down next to her, holding his wand with both hands as he rested them on his knees. The two no longer held their distance, mostly because Astera noticed how he liked it when she sat close to him. She noticed how he had the need to touch something, more specifically, the person he sat next to. She did not question it, but found it rather adorable.

"Lilith?"

"Yes?" she turned her head to him.

"You haven't read to me."

Astera laughed, a groan leaving her lips. She shook her head as Draco was already ready, his back against the wall and his legs folded at his ankles. His robe gave him some sort of warmth, but the winter season decided to give them a warmer day, considering Christmas break was ending.

Astera summoned the book in her hands, giving herself light with her wand. She bent her knees and crossed them, sitting in front of Draco as she read, the wind gently moving her hair in the air. Draco felt incomplete listening to her read, needing to look and observe the pictures.

"Wait," he said.

She looked up from the book, "What is it?" she watched as Draco sat up better, unfolding his legs. He pushed himself towards her, managing to grab her elbow and pulled her closer, "Draco, what are you-"

She shut up when he turned her around, her back facing him and put her in the middle of his legs. Her back felt his chest, his heartbeat in line with hers as he let her rest her elbows on his thighs.

"I couldn't concentrate on what you were saying," he said, noticing how her thumb was in between the pages to keep track of the chapter. His fingers curled around her palms, opening the book again.

"Oh, okay," she quickly said, adjusting herself between his legs. Draco took her wand in his hand, lighting up the book as she read. He felt at peace, whilst she felt shocked and weirded out by his touch.

It wasn't hard for her to notice; he expressed himself through touch, less from words. He felt soft and comfortable behind her, hearing his breaths in her ear like happy whispers, telling her child-like secrets. Draco watched the pictures move as she read, his eyes sometimes moving to her and looking at her temple.