43

Draco's arm managed to pull her up despite her attempts in fighting him off of her. He was able to get her standing on her feet though her arms tried so hard to push him away, to hit him or anything at this point.

"Stop fighting, Astera!"

His hand pushed the hair out of her face, pushing her face up by using his thumb against her chin and holding the side of her neck. She was a mess. Neither of them noticed how almost a month went by after it all ended and how much that time had destroyed them. They were hurting and sick, barely standing as even Draco himself had a hard time of keeping her up. She no longer had that sparkle in her eye or the desire to wake up in the morning, knowing he wouldn't be there to walk her to breakfast and run his fingers across her shoulders. Draco didn't see a point in arguing anymore, being so quiet to the point he was barely recognizable. He would forget to wake up sometimes or even brush his teeth before bed. He would purposely hook up with a girl or two, trying to forget what it felt like to be held by her, to forget her face or her addicting laugh. It was difficult.

"Look at me," he said, as if ordering. She looked away, not wanting to see the eyes of the boy she did not know she was so utterly and completely in love with, "Astera, look at me."

Her dry lips moved, unsticking themselves from each other as she opened her mouth for a breath, finally being able to find the courage to look at him. He gulped as her eyes met his, a feel of terror rushing inside of him when he no longer saw the life inside her that made him continue living. He woke up every day with the knowing that he would see her eyes and all the wrongs in the world would be no more.

"I'm so sorry, Lil. I'm so goddamn sorry," he said painfully, holding the back of her head as he pulled her towards his chest, noticing how she hesitated to hug him back, but still did so. He hadn't had a warm touch or embrace for the entire month so her arms on his back felt like a warm blanket draped over him.

She kept silent as she quietly wept, her tears slightly staining the blouse he wore under his coat. Draco's head rested above hers, his fingers soothing her hair as he ran them down her head.

"I never wanted to hurt you. I never meant for any of this to happen," Draco spoke with regret and fear. Fear of how she might react. He never thought he would fear her.

"Why did you hurt me, then?" she spoke in his embrace, her voice sounding like it came from a weak telephone line.

He pulled back gently, cupping her cheek gently and noticing her flinch under his touch. His neck bent down, slowly planting a kiss on the place where he had hurt her, wishing he could go back in time and just leave before his hand did the thinking instead of him.

"Because I could't let you get hurt, Lil. I didn't want anyone hurting because of me."

"Why would they hurt me?"

He hesitated, swallowing slow as his eyes traced her lips and then the red around her brown eyes, "Because I love you, Astera," she slightly opened her mouth, a jolt of an unknown feeling rushing inside her body, "I am completely in love with you, Lil."

Her head dipped down, using the back of her hands to wipe away her cheeks that were stained with her load of tears, "Did I hurt you? Anywhere?"

She used her fingers to lift his coat, looking at places where she might have done damage. She stared at his face for a second, then neck and chest, not trying to notice how he was staring down at her. She completely ignored his statement for she was not ready to admit how she felt.

"Lil," he called her, but got ignored, "Lil, look at me when I call you."

But she kept on ignoring, her hands soon beginning to tremble from the cold or maybe the anxiety in her veins.