55

Their kiss was slow and passionate, laced with the sadness that poured out of their eyes and their twisted expressions. Their hands moving, wishing they could take each other in then and there. His fingers tangled themselves in her much longer hair, pulling back to take in a sharp breath and dipping back down.

"Draco," she breathed out, feeling him push his body against her as his lips attacked her neck.

"Please, shut up, Lilith. Just this once."

She swallowed her saliva, coating her lips with her tongue as his eyes locked with hers for a second before pressing a tender kiss on her lips.

"Astera."

The girl jumped along with the boy before her, using her palms on his chest to slightly push him away. Her eyes locked with Elle who only gave Draco a nod in recognition, slightly taking him aback at the level of confidence she had.

"Sorry to bother, but, uh.. We need you back there, please. As soon as possible."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming right away," Astera said, watching Elle give them one last look and walk away, hearing her run down the corridor.

The two looked back at each other for a moment, catching their breaths while Draco's fingers smoothed the frizzy hair on her head. She looked at the boy before her, scanning his face like she used to do every morning. Her hand went up to his face, running her fingers over the cut on his cheek bone.

"I'll be back. I promise."

Draco nodded, but did not seem to believe her. He was pessimistic, way more than he was before and it killed him seeing her like this. She was so fragile, so small. Her clothes hung onto her body, barely, and her skin was paler than he remembered it. Her hair was messy as it fell down from the ponytail it was in. Her knuckles were slightly bruised and her knees were cut. But he underestimated her power. How strong she was and how she never broke a promise no matter how big it was to keep. He forgot how determined she is and how she fought like no other witch he'd seen.

He held onto her tightly, his palms pressed against her cheeks as his eyes stayed shut, squeezed even, while their lips melted into each other.

"I have to go," she said, pulling back whilst looking into his eyes and staring at them for what felt like eternity, wanting to memorize them so bad so that she could see them in her sleep.

Draco nodded, letting go of her, finally as she gave him a small smile, turning on her heel to leave, but the poor boy's desperate hands latched onto her again, pulling her back. She stumbled towards him, herself too not being able to walk away just like that. He kissed her lips again, then cheek and forehead. He pressed his forehead against hers, sighing as he held back every tear possible and every sob that wished to come out.

"I'm sorry. Go," he said quietly, apologizing for stalling her. She gave a warm smile, brushing her nose against his.

"It's okay. I'll be okay," she said, almost trying to convice him and herself as well. Draco nodded, hugging her tightly as his lips pressed one last kiss on the top of her head and let her go, almost pushing her away from himself so she could leave quicker. Astera looked back once more and ran off as her robe behind her swayed with every step she took.

Draco rubbed his eyes, pulling his palm down his face as the realization hit him; this might've been the last time he saw her. The last time he held her and kissed her and felt her against him. He couldn't let her go. He wished to hold onto her for the rest of his life because Draco knew that this war didn't guarantee safety or the fact that she will come back alive. Draco knew that Astera might die.

And he was prepared for it. Because if Astera Lilith died, so did Draco Malfoy along with her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆