14

"And as the Dragon flew in the sky for the first time in centuries, the dragon fly watched from the trees, his eyes darting towards the flying beast in awe."

She stopped reading, feeling a heavy weight on her shoulder. Astera looked on her right, being shocked to see Draco's head on her again. She closed the book slowly and quietly, resting it on the bench. Her eyes had grown tired as well, threatening to close on her too.

Draco's lips stuck out as his cheek was smushed against her, soft breaths coming out of him. During her reading, he had made her go back a few times just so he could see the photos. She ignored his ego and remarks when he added an insult once or twice, noticing her rolling her eyes. It became a habit for him to make funny remarks or even just make fun of people in general.

Something inside her made her uneasy, confused. Out of all people, she never expected herself to be one to read to Draco Malfoy. She belonged in the group of people that despised him, wanted nothing more than to see him leave Hogwarts and never come back.

But, no, she didn't.

Draco Malfoy was cunning, aggressive, a tyrant with a small temper. He was an awful student, yet, somehow was perfect. He was a beautiful boy, yet so disgustingly evil. Astera was confused. Who is Draco Malfoy? In the depths of her body, she was well aware that Draco might not be capable of love. He was capable of chaos and monstrosity.

How did she belong in that group of people?

She didn't.

From the moment she was born, Astera Lilith was different. She stuck out like a sore thumb, a black sheep. She wasn't like most girls she would be surrounded by, or like the girls boys wanted her to be. Astera was her own. She was an accepting human being, a lovely old soul and a great companion. Astera loved books and measured her greatness with her undying love for knowledge. She was a student that never failed and when she did, she hated herself for it. She never cried nor pitied herself. She was her friend and she stuck up for herself even when she couldn't. Even when the words did not want to leave her lips.

As thoughts soon slipped out of Astera's head, she was left with nothing else than the wind and the warm breaths of Draco on her neck. Soon enough, she drifted off asleep herself, and Draco's head fell in her lap.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Morning had come. It seemed as if they had woken up in spring. Whilst it was done snowing and the wind was done blowing harshly, the snow remained still and had no intention of leaving anytime soon.

The sun reflected on the snow, making it look fluorescent. The birds were chirping, balancing themselves on branches to get as much sun as they could.

Draco had woken up first. His eyes opened slowly, seeing the inside of Astronomy tower in front of him. His head was on something soft and warm like a pillow and his right hand was draped over it. When he remembered, Draco realized he was laying his head on Astera's lap whilst his left hand was on her waist and his right hand over her knees.

The boy jumped, suddenly feeling dizzy. He stumbled up on his feet, his hands instantly going up to his head and running his fingers through his hair. What was he doing?

In front of him, Astera was asleep, her back against the backseat of the bench and her legs covered in a thick blanket. She looked so peaceful. Draco's eyes caught on that same white strand once again, his feet moving without his permission. He bent his knees, kneeling in front of her. Carefully, his fingers grasped that white strand, feeling its silky hair strands. His eyes studied her carefully. From her thick brows to her long black lashes, all the way to her nose and the freckles on her rosy cheeks, to her cold and red lips.

He stood there, confused as his eyes followed to where the strand came from. Following it, it came from just behind her ear. It was as white as snow, and soft as silk. Draco moved his hand away, afraid he might wake her. He didn't want to explain himself.

As he turned on his heel, his ears picked up a noise. He turned back around, noticing Astera's eyes flutter as she moved the blanket away. Her eyes eyed him up and down, her face grimacing as her palm massaged the place where his head laid.

"Bloody hell, my shoulder feels like it'll fall off." she murmured.

"Hopefully your head goes along with it." Draco said, a sarcastic look on his face as he stood before her.

She gave him a look, seeming uninterested as she stood up, her bones, hopefully, cracking into place.

"If I die, I'm taking you with me, Malfoy. You'll suffer in the afterlife with me as well." she said, grabbing her wand and the book from the bench.

Draco scoffed, throwing another remark at her. She pushed back, using her wand to show her anger as she pointed at him anytime he talked. As the two walked down the stairs, their arguments echoed around the castles walls, hopefully not too loud to wake anyone up.

"For your information, Malfoy, it was you who fell asleep on me." she whipped herself around, her hair almost brushing against his arm. Draco rolled his eyes.

"I recall that it was you who came to me like the loyal little student you are, Lilith." Draco shot back, trying to make her feel humiliated for his desires.

"And who was it again that needed me last night?" she asked quietly, her feet moving her towards him. Draco felt defeated, feeling the tip of her wand on the side of his cheek.

She moved back, walking away from him with a feeling of triumph. Draco watched her, wishing he had brought his wand with him. His eyes imagined what he would've done to her, how he would've hurt her. But, he didn't want to.

"Miss Lilith?"