Friends

Sorry for such a late update! My finals are this week so I was a little busy.

Hope you enjoy~

Kyo watched as the twins showered Y/N with praise and compliments. She watched as they started to walk out, dragging Hori with them.

"Let's celebrate!" Atsumu told.
"Yeah, we can go to the cafe a few blocks from the school." Osamu added. Y/N nodded with a smile, convincing Hori to go with them.

Kyo stood there like she was waiting for them to invite her.

It's only her second day here and they're somehow best friends?

Jealousy boiled in her heart as she stared holes into Y/N's back.

"I'm glad to know we have another good player on our team." a voice commented next to Kyo.
"She's not even that good. We lost because of her." Kyo huffed.
"Yes, she had her faults, but she made up for them with her hard work and skill."
Kyo turned to the girl next to her. It was her captain, Ichika. She was a little shorter than Kyo, dark purple hair that reached her shoulders. Her eyes were a deep sliver and half lidded.

"Kyo, I don't know what happened between you and her, but don't let it spill on the court. You're teammates now, whether you like it or not." with that the captain walked away. Kyo clicked her tongue in annoyance, dragging her feet to get her things and change.

What was so different about her now? Why do people suddenly want to be her friend now? They couldn't care less about her before, so what's so different now?

Kyo ran through her thoughts to try and make sense of them. She snatched her phone angrily and texted Osamu.

Kyo:
Where are you?

Even though she watched him walk away with Y/N, he wants him to feel guilty and invite her to the cafe they were going to. He had seemed to rake his time answering because Kyo was halfway to her house when he responded.

Samu:
Sorry we took L/N and Hori to a cafe to celebrate. I'll see you tmr

Kyo glared at the message, typing her response.

Kyo:
Oh okay were still going to the movies right?

Samu:
Yeah

~~

"Put yer phone away, you can text your girlfriend later." Atsumu said with an eye roll. He was sat next to his brother with Hori in front of him and Y/N next to her. They sat at a small table in a cafe, more in the back away from people.

"I forgot to say goodbye to Kyo." Osamu mumbled as he shoved his phone in his pocket.
"Oh you're together with Kyo?"
Osamu looked up at Y/N, her eyes locked on his as she awaited his answer. She had changed back into her school uniform while the twins and Hori wore their team joggers and black shirt.
"N-No I'm not." Osamu stammered out, barely processing what his brother had said. Astumu eyed his brother with a side glance, a knowing smile on his face.
"Don't worry everyone thinks that. Kyo is is borderline obsessed with him and he's all she talks about." Hori told as she scrolled through her phone.
"Ya see Samu, I'm not the only one who sees that she likes ya." Atsumu chuckled as he hit his brothers shoulder. Osamu had an annoyed expression as he eyes kept darting to Y/N to see what she would think, but she seemed completely unbothered. She was more interested on what Hori was looking at on her phone.
"We're friends, that's all. I don't like her like that." Osamu grumbled as he glared at his brother, who had a smug look on his face.
"Hey L/N-chan, are you seeing anybody?" Atsumu suddenly asked. Y/N looked up with a slight blush now that they all were looking at her, even Hori had tore her eyes from her phone.
"No, I've been more focused on volleyball than anything really." she admitted nervously.
"Of course you are." Hori mumbled next to her, eyes back on her phone. Osamu let put a breath he didn't even know he was holding in.