Mask

Sorry for such a late update! I haven't forotten abot this fanfic I have just been busy with school. Guys I was going to put a quote for the story but acctdently pressed another file of Kags and I cant change it. I'm just going to leave him there and add the quote in the story lmaoo. Enjoyyy

Masked not to deceive,
but to survive~

Tanu Malhotra

Y/N's eyes fluttered open when a loud ringing went off. She groaned as she sat up from the cold ground, her hand blindly searched for her phone and turned off her alarm. It was still dark out, only being 5 am. She picked herself off from the dirt, wincing from her aching muscles. Her neck and shoulders were completely stiff, barely able to turn her head. Morning practices starts at 7 so she needed to hurry and get home to shower.

~~

Y/N was at her door wondering if she should open it. Her elbow still stung but she was grateful that it wasn't anything worse. She can't afford to get her father angry now that she made the team. Y/N's knee started to hurt again, a reminder that her father could ruin her whole life if he wanted to. With a deep breath, she opened the door and peeked her head inside. Her nose crinkled at the smell of beer and whiskey, bottles littered everywhere in the house. She closed the door silently as she walked to her room. Her stomach growled in hunger and she felt a little sick from not eating. But she couldn't do anything about it right now so she quickly got ready to go to school.

She sat in her room as she wrapped up her right elbow, thinking of a lie to say if someone asks what happened. A sigh left her lips as she strapped her brace and finished getting ready. It was 6:10, so she should be fine on time. But before she left her room she opened her laptop on her desk, checking her emails. She could almost cry in relief when she got an email saying she had an interview on Saturday at 8 in the morning. She sniffled as she stood up and got all of her things, quickly making her way to the door and out of her house.

Hori didn't go to the morning practices, always making up excuses or just saying that she didn't want to. But Y/N badgered her to go with her until she gave in.

"You owe me," Hori grumbled as they walked to school.
"Hey, can you set for me during lunch? Atsumu invited us to play, his team won't mind." Y/N smiled as she looked excitedly at Hori. The short girl rolled her eyes with her hands shoved in coat pockets.
"God, you're both annoying."
Y/N smiled wider, she didn't say no. The rest of the walk was silent with the sun starting to finally rise.

~~

Y/N sat on the floor as she stretched, her shoulders were still stiff and her neck felt like snapping. Hori was still changing, Y/N was petty sure she fell asleep in there. Morning practice wasn't mandatory so their captain is the one running the practice. Y/N mostly kept to herself, seeing that the other team members were in their own conversations.

"What happened to your elbow?" Hori's voice asked suddenly. Y/N jumped when the setter was somehow sitting in front of her.
"Jesus, you scared me." Y/N laughed nervously, but Hori waited for her answer.
"I fell when I was practicing at the park. It doesn't hurt, just stings a little."
Hori kept her gaze on her like she was trying to pick her apart.
"You won't last as a volleyball player if you're always getting hurt." the setter said as she began her own stretched. Y/N sighed as she nodded.
"I'll be more careful."

~~
The practice was almost over and Y/N was on a roll. She still had an unbelievable amount of energy while the rest of the team was exhausted.

"Can you set for me, Hori?" Y/N asked with stars in her eyes. Hori was on the floor with a scowl as she swatted away the second year. She was trying to keep up with Y/N and it was a lot harder than she thought.
"No you freak, I'm tired. I'm going to sleep, I'm sleeping right here." and with that Hori curled up on the floor and closed her eyes. Y/N blinked as she knelt beside her, poking at her head.