Warm

Hori rubbed her eyes until she saw colors, trying to rid the sleepiness. She was sat at her desk facing her photo wall, a notebook scribbled on was in front of her. A heavy sigh left her as she once again looked over all her pictures, including the ones on her phone.

This is harder than I thought

Her mind was full of messy thoughts and unfinished ideas, the stress and exhaustion catching up to her. Green eyes glancing at the clock to see it was already 4 in the morning, her body slumping in her chair. Hori decided to take a break, for now, stumbling out of her chair and flopping on her bed. She made sure her phone was plugged in and set it on her nightstand, turning on her side and finally closing her eyes.

~~

"Holy shit."

Hori sat up on her bed with her phone in her hand, eyes staring at the time. It was 2 in the afternoon and she had a bunch of missed calls and texts from Y/N. She quickly got out of bed and grabbed whatever clothes she found, running out of her room to take a shower.

"Mom? Why didn't you wake me up? I'm supposed to pick up Shin from his friends." Hori's words were completely ignored, the sound of talking and light laughter coming from the kitchen. The girl furrowed her brows as she crept down the hall and poked her head around the corner.

"Hey Hori!" it was Y/N. She was sitting at the table with a plate of food in front of her. Hori squinted at her friend, "What are you doing here?"
"I was calling but you were asleep so I came here, and your mom let me in."
"Of course she did."
Yua was standing at the sink washing dishes, "I let you sleep in, you're brother went to pick Shin up."

Hori's shoulders relaxed, sighing out as she walked into the kitchen in her baggy shirt and shorts you could barely see. Her hair was sticking up all over the place and her green eyes were still heavily lidded in sleep. She sat down next to Y/N, putting her clean clothes on the other chair.

"You gonna eat that?" Y/N didn't even get to respond, the setter already picking at her plate. Y/N hummed a smile as she took out her phone, "Are you busy today?"
Hori chewed on the food, sparing a glance to Y/n before shutting her eyes, "Depends what you want."
Y/N pouted, poking Hori's cheek, "So mean." a smirk quickly made its way onto her face, "But that means you are free today."
The first year groaned as she turned to Y/N, "Fine, what do you want to do?"

"Osamu invited us to go over to his house to have a movie marathon."
Hori deadpanned at Y/N, "Did he invite us or you?"
Y/N let out a nervous laugh as she scratched her cheek, "I asked if you could come to, and he said yes."
"I really don't feel like third-wheeling, thanks."
Y/N's cheeks tinted pink, "It's not like that, Kyo's going too and-" Hori's face twisted in disgust, "..not Atsumu. Yeah, he won't be there."

It had taken a lot of convincing, but Hori eventually gave in because 'you won't shut up if I say no'.

Y/N waited for Hori to get ready, talking with Yua to pass the time. Finally, the girl came from the hallway dressed. It was a loose red hoodie and black ripped jeans, also some matching red converse.