Back Home

"I'm going to miss you guys."
Y/N was currently in tears as she sniffled.
"We're gonna miss you to, Y/N-chan!" Tanaka and Nishinoya sobbed as they attacked her in a bone crushing hug.

Y/N L/N was a second year at Karusuno high, but was moving back and transferring to Inarizaki for the rest of her high school days.
Daichi, Suga, and Asahi joined in on the group hug with sad smiles.

"Don't cry, Y/N-chan. You can still come and visit us." Suga laughed out with a smile, Asahi crying as he nodded.
They all let go, Y/N wiping away her tears as she looked at them.
"Don't worry, we'll see you at nationals." Daichi reminded her, his hands on his hips. Y/N laughed out as she nodded her head.

The first years walked into the gym, Hinata and Kageyama running in. Probably another race. They panted as they walked up to their upperclassmen, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi following behind.
"Why are you all crying?" Hinata asked, tilting his head. Y/N walked up to him, and suddenly trapped him in a hug and started to sob again.
"I'm gonna miss you."
Hinata blushed as he panicked.
"What do you mean, Y/N-chan?" he asked as he hugged her back.

"I'm moving today."

The first years all had wide eyes. She had mentioned she was going to move, but they didn't expect it to be so soon. Y/N let go of Hinata and ruffled his orange hair with a teary smile. She then turned to Kageyama. He quickly looked away awkwardly, not knowing what he would do if she hugged him. Y/N laughed as she hugged his torso, since he was so tall.
"I'm gonna miss you to, King."
Kageyama blushed as he short circuited, patting her on her back.
She then had an evil smile as she eyes Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. Yams laughed nervously as Tsuki scoffed at her.
"Don't you even think about it, Shortstack." he grimaced as he pushed up his glasses. Y/N laughed as she ran and jumped at the two of them, knocking them to the floor.

Everyone laughed, except Tsukishima, as they all joined in a huge group hug on the floor.

"You guys are the best." Y/N told them as they all sat up on the ground, a bright smile on her face.
They all smiled and laughed.

All of a sudden, a flash went off. They all turned to see Kiyoko who had taken a picture, a small smile on her face. Y/N scrambled on her feet as she ran up to her upperclassman.
"We're all going to miss you, Y/N." she told her, hugging her junior in a soft embrace. Y/N bit back her tears as she hugged back tightly.
"I'm really sorry I can't be their manager next year, I really thought I was going to stay and graduate here."
"It's alright, I'll find someone." Kiyoko assured her as she pulled back.
"Are you ready to go? I have my car ready with all your things."
Y/N nodded, grateful that Kiyoko offered to drive her to the airport. Y/N's father was already driving back home, not wanting to ride on a three hour plane ride with his daughter.

Y/N turned back to the team with a sad smile. The third and second years all cried as they waved their goodbyes.

Y/N said her goodbyes to the only people who she could call friends, walking away from the school where she fit in.

~~~~~~~~

"Are you going to join the volleyball team?" Kiyoko asked as she drove. Y/N was in the passenger seat as she looked out the window.
"Yeah. It won't be easy though, they have tryouts where you play against the boys team. Even if I do make it, they already have their starters." she frowned.
"You're one of the best players I have ever seen, I'm sure you'll make it. You practiced every day, and it really paid off. I remember in middle school, you still couldn't get your serve over the net." the third year laughed at the memory.

Y/N had gone to the same middle school as Kiyoko, and following her into high school. Kiyoko was Y/N's first friend, even though they are in different grades.