A Turn For the Worse

Jason. You just had to come back, didn't you? I thought you had known. You've done more than enough. 

~~

"Boyfriend? But, I don't even know you," only 14 and filled with complete confusion, Y/N stared at the older boy who was standing in front of her. His eyes held no light, matching the rest of his cold expression. Her father was having a late-night meeting with many other older men, Jason stringing along with who seemed to be his father. Being told to mind his business elsewhere he wandered down the hallway and peeked into one of the rooms. What he saw intrigues him, a bareback as a girl quickly changed into an old t-shirt for the night. In the next few moments, he managed to sneak his way into her room, seeing how long it would take for her to notice. 

He saw her as a toy to be played with. 

"We'll get to know each soon enough, you're just too pretty and it'd be a shame to let some other blokes take advantage of ya," he had her in a corner, charming smile masking his devilish nature. Her arms wrapped around her knees as they pressed up against her chest, bottom lip between her teeth in deep thought. "Take advantage?"

"Mhm, boys these days are animals. They wouldn't know how to treat ya good, That's why you need me." 

Having a boyfriend wasn't much on Y/N's mind, trying her best to fit in in this new city taking more priority. "I don't want a boyfriend though," and it was true, she didn't want to end up like her mother. Stuck with a man who controlled your entire life; what to wear, where to go, who you can and can't talk to. Being her father's daughter was bad enough, she didn't need another man telling her what to do. "I never want a boyfriend." 

Jason had cogs turning in his head, sifting for just the right words to use. "I'll treat ya better than your dad ever did," Bingo, right in the soft spot. Y/N had finally met his eyes, almost a sparkle of hope gleaming in them. "What do you mean?" She still was doubtful but open to listening. "Don't think I'm like those other boys at your little school, childish and never knowing what they want. With age comes wisdom, y'know? I'm mature enough to know right from wrong, and the way your dad treats ya is sad to see."

He made himself seem like he was her knight in shining armor, saving her from such a pitiful life. The way he talked was like honey, soothing and sweet. It was so mesmerizing that he diluted the fact he was 17 already with a criminal background, all minor charges but charges nonetheless. He painted himself the misjudged son, wanting to do good but his lifestyle said otherwise. "You can't blame me for who my father is, you understand that, don't you? He makes me do things I don't want and who am I to defy him? I just that we could help each other out. Ease the pain a little, y'know? Someone to talk to about things you can't tell anyone else about." 

Oh to have someone to talk to, to understand her type of pain. They were so similar and it made Y/N feel less alone. So she went against her better judgment.

She never learned, did she? 

~~~

"Your old man sent me," he was leaning against a navy truck, eyes boring into the girl who looked like she saw a ghost. The girls behind her shared confused glances, mouthing 'who's that?' Osamu turned to look at Y/N, waiting for her to say something. He remembered her father throwing the name around, but thought maybe he was a relative. He couldn't know for sure unless he asked. However, there was a part of him who didn't want to know. 

"You're staying at my place for a bit," Jason had switched his interest to the tall, grey-haired boy who stood next to Y/N almost protectively. His lidded eyes were unwavering and Jason wanted to pick some fun out of him. "Replaced me already? It's always the ones they tell you not to worry about, huh?"