Bad Day

So sorry for this super late update! It might seem a little rushed torwrds the end but I really wanted to get this chapter out already, but I hope you still enjoy!

I also want to clarify that Hori is 4 ft 11in since I forgot to write it in, so she's around Yachi's height.

TW: Suggestion Of Abuse

The sun still had yet to rise, birds just barely awakening to sing their morning songs. Inside the Miya household was still dark and peaceful, the soft breathing of 5 teens as they intended to sleep the morning away.

Unfortunately, the irritating buzzing made Y/N furrow her brows as she cracked open her eye, trying to adjust to the lack of light. Her hand blindly searched for the device that interrupted her sleep, eventually grabbing a phone. The light blinded her, eyes squinted as she tried to read the screen. It had taken her a few moments to realize it was indeed her phone, text messages taking up her lock screen. Her eyes only widened when she saw who they were from.

"Crap."

A low grunt reminded her that Osamu was under her, silently apologizing and carefully getting off of him. She noticed the features on his face scrunch lightly before relaxing again, turning on his side while his hands tried reaching for a blanket. Y/N had a small smile on her face as she covered him, gingerly brushing the hair from his face as she admired his sleeping face. Another text message made her phone light up, the words making her throat close up.

Dad
Get here now

She looked back to Osamu, hand clasped around her phone as she tried to calm herself down. Leaning down to put her forehead to his shoulder, she bit down hard on her lip as her eyes watered.

"I'm really scared, Osamu."

She knew he wouldn't answer her, but a part of her hoped he heard her. Giving out a big exhale, she stood up and wiped her eyes, carefully stepping over him and tip-toed past the couches where Hori, Atsumu, and Kyo slept. Leaving a quick note and leaving it on the counter, she gave one last look back to her friends before opening the door.

She didn't want to believe that this was the last time she'll ever see them, but going home to her father was always a gamble. Maybe a beating is all she gets, another bruise she'll have to ice or another cut she'll have to tend to.

But the thoughts always lurked in the back of her mind. That maybe today would be the day her father goes too far. Maybe he was angrier than usual, maybe he'll hit her one too many times.

Maybe she won't make it today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hori checked the time on her phone and then the message she had sent to Y/N 15 minutes ago. With the time Y/n was taking to get here, they'll be late for morning practice, not that she minded that much.

Another half an hour had passed, morning practice almost over at this point, but Hori still had her back stuck to the street lamp as she waited and waited. A sigh left her as she called her friend once more, only having an hour before classes started. The phone rang until the voicebox kicked in, Hori furrowing her brows.

"Uh, it's me again. Is everything...alright? I'll probably have to head to school without you, but call me back when you can."

After waiting a little bit more, Hori walked to school alone without any word from Y/N. She figured something came up but had at least expected a text message from her.

She had to run to make it to her first class, panting as she leaned on the door frame. Her teacher looked at her with raised brows but didn't say anything, patiently waiting for everyone to take their seats. Hori slumped into her desk and discarded her backpack next to her feet, taking out her phone and checking for the umpteenth time to see if Y/N had reached out to her yet.