Stick by Me

Hope you all enjoy!!!

"I think you just need to talk to him," Kyo had almost a pleading tone; leaning on the bathroom stall that Y/N had locked herself in. She sat on the floor with her knees tucked to her chest, trying to take deep breaths and make sense of everything that just happened.

"Something happened between them last year, didn't it?"

"...it doesn't mean anything to him now-"

"Doesn't seem that way,"

Kyo let out a frustrated sigh, "Just talk to him L/N, I'm sure he'll fix everything." There was some silence and then the sound of the door unlocking and Y/N finally came out, "There's nothing for him to fix," She rinsed her face with cold water, "he's not my boyfriend or anything."

~~~~

"Please line up in an orderly fashion!" Mrs. Handa called out to all the second years as they exited the bus and towards the entrance of the University of Tokyo. Y/N avoided Osamu like the plague and made sure to be as far as she could from the twins and even Kyo, which wasn't so difficult through the large crowd of Inarazaki and Kaisei second years. "Sorry," she had accidentally bumped into someone and was about to keep worming her way through until a voiced drawled out, "Can you watch it?"

Y/N stopped in her steps and turned around surprised. A tall girl with long curly hair looked at her with an ugly sneer on her face and a jacket that was embroidered with Kaisei Girls Volleyball. "S-Sorry," she could only repeat herself awkwardly. The girl only scoffed and turned to her friends and started whispering. Y/N suddenly felt so small, swallowing thickly and continuing through the cluster of students. She finally reached the edge and could breathe without feeling suffocated. The teachers and chaperones were way in the front going over the agenda and rules but Y/N could barely hear so she just waited patiently until they finally started walking inside.

Buzz

While walking she took out her phone and saw a text message from Osamu.

Osamu:

Where are you?? Can we talk please

Y/N felt her insides twist and shoved her phone back into her pocket. She still hadn't been able to properly organize her thoughts and feelings and talking to Osamu right would only make her feel worse. Putting all that in the back of her mind, she moved up more to the front to better hear what was going on.

"As you all know, for the second years this field trip will revolve around biology. Today we will be touring the University of Tokyo and then participate in a 3 hour lab taught by a professor. We will split you off in groups of 15 for your tour and then meet back here." Mrs. Handa started assigning chaperones to each group and the students started to huddle with their friends. Y/N looked around lost to see everyone finding their place with their groups. Maybe going back to the twins and Kyo would be better than being stranded alone, even if it meant having to see Osamu. She wriggled her way back to where she had seen her friends, hoping they still had a spot for her.

"What's got you so down Samu? You're no fun anymore," Mayumi whined and fluttered her eyelashes at Osamu while she tugged on his shirt. Y/N watched with her stomach in a knot as the twins and Kyo, along with Sara, Niko, Suna, and Kosaku had formed a group with Kasei students. She even saw the intimidating volleyball girls from earlier on each side of Mayumi all eyeing the twins with something more than admiration.

"L/N! Get over here," Kyo had spotted her friend trying to disappear back into the crowd. All heads turned to her and Osamu had his eyes lit up like christmas, which Mayumi noticed with disgust. Y/N smiled awkwardly and made her way over, staying close to Kyo's side as the Kasei girls eyed her down. The girl from earlier looked around the group counting in her head, and then faced back to Y/N with a sickening smile. "Sorry, there's no room for you here."