12. ANAHEIM

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter eleven:
third-person POV
marriott hotels
anaheim, california
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

     The shaking and rumbling of the plane as it landed made Gemma only slightly sick. Clay seemed fine beside her, opening his phone and flicking off the airplane to send Drista and his mother a message stating they'd landed. He quickly got him and Gemma off the plane and slipped them into the crowd. They tried to keep themselves low-key, just acting absolutely normal and trying to blend in with the various Californians in the airport. The cousins got their luggage and rented a car, Clay driving as Gemma took the passenger's seat.

"You're going to that Mr. Beast collab today, right?" Gemma asked after they left the airport parking lot and began to make their way to the beautiful hotel Clay had bought rooms in. Gemma stretched, looking over at her cousin who nodded while giving her a small smile before refocusing on the road.

"Yeah. You sure you're okay with driving to the airport for Nick and George? I know how much driving scares you." Clay says, turning into a hotel valet line.

"It'll be fine, I've gotten a lot better since last time." Gemma giggles, opening her door as a bellboy comes up to her. He greets her with a wink and her stomach twists as she laughs softly.

"Uhm, hello?"

"Hello, gorgeous—"

"—Uhm, sorry, I'm spoken for." She lies in a panic quickly, before turning sharply and rushing to the back of the rental car where Clay is.

"You're spoken for?" He whispers to her and she sighs angrily, "the bellboy was flirting with me."

"Oh, he was?" Clay looks up and she grabs his hoodie strings and yanks him back down.

She hisses at him with an angry look, "Don't fight someone, idiot."

"I will." He grins as he helps her yank their large suitcases out of the car's boot. They hand the keys to bell boy, who winks and comments slyly again at Gemma, and she has to physically hold Clay back from saying something. She loves him to death but sometimes he gets to be a bit too much.

They end up getting into the hotel with no other problems, and Gemma lays back in her bed with a loud groan. They'd gotten a suite, so Gemma would have her own room away from the boys, and it would be a good spot for everyone who was coming to the convention to hang out after.

Or before, if Clay's plan went well today.

"Alright, Gem." He said, coming down into the little living room area of their hotel room. She glanced back and he grinned, donning an outfit Gemma had picked (finally replacing those sneakers—) with a grin on his face.

"Heading out?" She asked and he nodded.

"Karl and Quackity are coming up to the room to grab me." He says, leaning on the back of the couch.

"Do you want me to go upstairs or—?"

"—no-no! I was warning you, they're a bit wacky. I know you're not the best with flirting, Quackity might try, but he's joking. He's just weird," he says rushed and Gemma laughs.

"Clay, I've watched everyone on the SMP, I know how they act."

"I just... don't wanna psyche you out or something." He admits sheepishly and she awes at him, getting up and pulling him into a hug.