08. MR BRIGHTSIDE

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter three:
third-person POV
clay's parent's house,
Orlando, Florida.
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

TW: SUPERVISED (LIGHT) UNDERAGE DRINKING, DRINKING IN GENERAL, DRUNKENNESS

2020 was coming to an end, but Gemma's drinks weren't.

Her aunt had incredible, locally grown wine, and Gemma just couldn't stop drinking. Moreso, she was drinking to drown Aurelia in her mind. To block all thoughts of the ginger-haired woman who had stolen her heart years prior. New Year's Eve was the anniversary of their fallout, and luckily Gemma was doing better than her first year after. She probably still had that hospital wristband if she actually looked.

"Gemma--" Sapnap went to enter the kitchen but walked dead into the wall. Gemma burst out laughing as the Texan rubbed his head and managed to make it into the kitchen on his second try.

"You and George both had one, small, margarita, and you can barely walk!" She wheezes, smacking her desk. Sapnap rolls his eyes and sits down on the barstool next to her, "I've had like... nine glasses of wine."

"Shuddup. I've never had anything that strong and I'm cold..." he whines, rubbing his hands together, Gemma snickers as she stands and sways on her feet. Her eyes focus on the living room and she motions at the fire they'd built that afternoon before the drinking had started.

"Sit in front of the fire, dickhead." She giggles, "I wanna go on a walk outside."

"Can I come? please please please?" George says and gemma nods.

"Cmon, Davidson let's go..!" Gemma shouts as she grabs her hoodie and a baseball cap. He gets up and, much more gracefully than Nick, manages to get into the kitchen to grab his hoodie and his own hat and put them on. Gemma grabs his hand and pulls him outside into the cold air. He grins and blinks against it, almost as if he's sobering up. Gemma is happy she decided to leave her alcohol inside, not wanting to fall dependant on it aain. The cold air bites into her and makes her realize how stupid she'd been acting inside. There's no conversation, as the two walk along the paved sidewalk and perfectly trimmed grass dotted with palm trees.

"Question, have you ever-" George stops to carefully walk around a crack in the ground, "kissed anyone beside your family?"

"Only assholes who hurt me." Gemma giggles, making it to where she wanted to be, a small pond.

"Only assholes? I'm not an asshole?" George mocks her, more sober than Gemma had initially realized. She laughs and smacks his shoulder as she sits on a bench in front of the pond.

She kicks her legs back and forth as she talks sarcastically, "Yeah, 'cause I haven't kissed you yet. Have you ever had a first kiss?"

"Yeah, actually, I've had quite a few kisses in my life." George starts serious but ends his sentence in a mocking tone that causes Gemma to burst into high-pitched wheezes.

"No way? The GeorgeNotFound has had his first kiss?" She mocks, "I don't believe it!"

"Oh shut up!" George groans, shoving her while she hyena-laughs. His face is a bit red, but Gemma couldn't tell if it was from the cold or his embarrassment.

"Have you ever had sex though," She says and then immediately cuts herself off, "No no no, don't answer me, oh my god. Drunk brain means no filter."