01. HER 'FAMILIA'

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter one:
third person POV
clay's parents house,
orlando, florida.
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

Gemma D'Amore considered herself a loudmouth. She'd always been. Some people tacked it onto the fact she was Italian, portraying some sort of caricature of the culture she'd grown up around. It wasn't even like she was the loudest person in this white picket fence two story home near Orlando, Florida. There was a reason her cousin had a soundproof office where he streamed and recorded him playing Minecraft with friends.

Gemma could remember sitting next to him, watching as he explained what to do when she was playing as his character in a Minecraft server. He'd shown her everything about Minecraft, even if she never felt like she'd be as good as him, and he loved watching her stumble about.

Clay had always been her best friend, ever since she met the babbling baby when she was only a few years older than him. As she grew, her family often made trips to Florida to spend time with the American side of their family. Gemma was always the most eager to go, and always the most upset to leave. And she always visited the most. Her bond with her cousin was insanely close, and their family knew that. Which led to moments like the following—

"—CLAYTON!" A feminine voice screeched as the streamers door was slammed opened. He jumped, nearly flinging his headphones off his head.

"BAMBI! BAMBI! PER FAVORE! I'M STREAMING!" Clay shouts, spewing terrible italian at his cousin who huffs with a grin and crosses her arms. She walks over and spins his chair in one hand, using the other to grab his chairs arm to lock him towards her. He gives her a confused look before she bursts into giggles and he follows suit.

After a few moments she stands back and up then she speaks in her Italian accent, "Mama told you dinner was ready an hour ago, idiota! Lei e la Mama hanno cucinato bistecca!"

"I have no idea what you just said-" Clay's sarcasm is cut off by her kicking his chair's seat and knocking it down. As Clay's falling, he shouts a string of curse words and his elder cousin bursts into laughter until Drista appears in the doorway, catching both of the adults attention as she huffs.

"Clay!!" she whines, "Mom and Zia made my favorite and I can't eat it until you get down here and eat!"

"Fine fine fine!" Dream shouts, getting up, "I gotta go eat authentic italian food since my cousins are over for the holidays, I'll be back in like... two hours or something."

"Have fun!" George cheers through the call, "tell Bambi I said hello!"

As soon as Clay disconnects from the call, and his chair is out back where it's supposed to be, the two brunette girls yank him downstairs. The three of them bicker, tossing meaningless arguments back and forth while the laugh. Clay's computer screen stays up, still showing the people who had been on call. Just a small group of friends on the Dream SMP.

"Who is Bambi?" Tommy asks after a sip of his Coke, which was probably his fourth one during this call if Wilbur had been counting right.

"Bambi is Dream's cousin, her actual name is Gemma." Sapnap explains, "she's really sweet, her family is spending the holidays with Dream's family and then she's tagging along for Twitchcon. She has her own Twitch actually, I can send you guys a link if you're interested. She streams mostly Just Talking and Jackbox."

"D'Amore? That's a pretty name..."
Tubbo says softly, too preoccupied with a napping cat on his desk to be worried about Wilbur smacking his character in game.

"Sounds Italian." Wilbur says softly, pausing his abuse in the block game, "right?"

"Mhm." George hums, clicking around on his screen as he tries to count the supplies he needs to give Dream for some build he was making, near ready to log off for the night to actually sleep. His eyes were burning from lack of it.

"Gemma D'Amore? Sounds familiar." Tommy says, yawning. It's really late in (and around) Europe, and it's starting so show on some of the members of the call. Not Tubbo though, he's happily messing around and beating almost everyone at chess. Tommy had still been complaining over his loss almost two hours ago, which is when Wilbur had joined to try playing against Tubbo. Then the group slowly morphed to add George, Sapnap, and Dream after Karl had ended a stream. He was supposed to come back after eating, but no one was sure when he was coming back.

"Yeah, it probably goes, Gemma was a pageant queen and then went on to do some other stuff. Now she does the occasional stream." Sapnap says, "But anyway, who's next for chess? I think we can all get a better game than Tommy."

"Fuck off!" Tommy shouts and the call dissolves into laughter.

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

"Clay!" A woman shouts, her long curly black hair swaying as she gives her nephew a big hug, "It's been so long, bambino!"

"Don't call me a baby when I'm taller than you." Clay laughs, "but ciao."

"Ciao!" A girl with long blondeish-ginger hair shouts. Gemma's younger sister, Fiore, grins as she waves at Clay, "how's my least favorite member of the Dream Team?"

"I might be your least favorite there, but am I at least your favorite cousin? I only have to beat Dris." Clay ruffles his sisters hair, and she complains as he takes a seat next to Fiore. Gemma busies herself in the kitchen, grabbing plates with her mother as the two spoke fluently in a love language as they organized how they were getting the food out to their family. After a moment, they begin to walk into the small dining room.

"Hm... Maybe if you give me a shoutout on your twitter." Fiore giggles to clay as she waves her hand dismissively and stands, helping her sister set the plates down. Everyone helps to set down the plates and pass them around to get everyone the food they want. Once everyone's settled in, Gemma smiles,

"Alright!" Gemma shouts, raising a wine glass while grinning, "Here's to our lovely familia."

"Evviva!"

-

Just some small set up of the family :)

Sorry if the Italian is a bit off, I took some classes on it but I don't remember much-