25: PHONE CALL

"Rise and shine, dipshit." Wilbur poked Gemma in the forehead and she whined, smacking his hands away while he laughed. She threw her blankets back up over her head and Wilbur sighed,

"Fine, I'll go to eat without you—"

"—nooooo!" Gemma grabbed his sleeve and yanked him back onto the bed, causing him to fall beside her in a loud laugh.

"Baby, Cmon. We gotta get up. Clay's supposed to call you today and lord knows you need to be mentally prepared to talk about Fiore." Wilbur laid beside her, gently pushing some of her hair behind her ears.

"I really don't wanna talk about her..." Gemma whines, pushing her face into Wilbur's chest and sighing against his thin t-shirt.

"Yeah but after we get to go help Tommy move." Wilbur kissed the top of her head and nuzzled his face into her hair.

"Can we push back calling him?" Gemma looked up and Wilbur sighed.

"Gems, it's been like... weeks since you were supposed to call him. George is gonna get to tell him before you do." He sighed, glancing over at the clock on the wall and mentally checking down the time being around seven in the morning.

"But he's probably not even awake yet!" She complained against his skin, before gently giving him a kiss. Wilbur sat up and yanked the blankets off of her, looking at her laying there in just one of his huge sweaters that hung over her petite body like a dress.

"But you are and you're getting up and getting ready to call him." Wilbur looked at her, deadpan, "and we're not skipping this because he still talks to Fiore and—"

Wilbur's phone began to ring on his nightstand and he paused, stepping closer to grab the device.

"I swear if it's him," Gemma whispered.

"Hey, Clay..." Wilbur said as he answered the phone, "it's early for you, is everything okay?"

"Uh, yeah, she's awake. Okay." Wilbur handed the phone to Gemma with a confused look and the way she took it and then quickly took Wilbur's hand made him sit back down on the bed beside her and comb his other hand through her hair.

"Clay—" she starts but cuts herself off and bites her lip as she leans into Wilbur, "no that's not— Clay. Clay. Clay! Can you fucking listen to me? That's not— shut the fuck up! That's not what fucking happened!"

The room stilled in a tense silence and Gemma groaned to herself, "no he didn't fucking cheat on me... why would you listen to her without asking me! Yes, delete it! God better give me patience because if he gives me strength, I'm going to beat your ass."

Gemma sets the phone down on speaker.

"Look, she's very charismatic!" Clay groaned.

"She's a bitch! And I can say that also you're on speaker with Wilbur here too." Gemma sighs and Wilbur says a soft hello.

"So what actually happened?" Clay asked and she could hear his car door slam shut behind him.

"She staged it to try and make it seem like he cheated on me, Clay. She asked him to walk her back to her hotel, had her girlfriend kiss him while she snapped a picture, and then they ran off. She sent me the picture and I panicked and ran off to Phil and Kristin's for the day. We talked and figured out it wasn't actually cheating, or at least we both didn't think it was cheating and now we're fine." Gemma explained, "that's the oversimplified way of explaining it, anyway."

"So, wait wait wait, Gemma. She told me he slept with her, like he slept with her." Clay says, "that's why I was so pissed, if it wasn't that I wouldn't have called him, I would've called you... shit."

"Hold on, she said I slept with her?" Wilbur shifts uncomfortably.

"Yeah... Wilbur, please tell me you didn't sleep with Fiore." Clay says.

Wilbur nearly scoffs, "Clay, she's a fucking lesbian, isn't she? Why would I sleep with her?"

"Yeah, she is a lesbian. Though I guess her sexuality could change, it's fluid and all." Gemma sighs, "Clay, if she says that to you, who knows what she'll tell other people if they ask her."

"Well, we can't worry about what might happen before it happens, Bambi." Clay sighs, "Sorry for overreacting, guys."

"No, it's fine, I understand. You're just trying to protect Gem." Wilbur leans on Gemma and she nearly flinches away from him, a pit of nerves in her stomach.

She stomachs it down though to say, "Yeah Clay, seriously. You've always been my number one supporter, I totally get it."

"Gemma, do you want me to tell Auntie what she did?" Clay sighs, "I know you don't like talking about these things and I know you're helping Tommy move today, so it would probably be best for me to handle it."

"I will literally Door Dash you food if you do. Please." Gemma laughed softly.

"You don't have to, but I won't stop you." Clay laughs, "George and Sapnap are coming down tonight."

"Tell them I said hi, and get some sleep before they show up. The last thing they need is you being all grumpy." Gemma sighed, "I'll call you in a few days to actually talk deep about this, okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll talk to you soon. Love you Gem, and bye Wilbur."

"Love you Clay" "Bye."

Gemma hung up the call and sighed, letting her shoulders relax as she turned to Wilbur with a big goofy grin.

"I told you it'd be fine, love." He whispered, leaning close to let his lips brush her jaw. She yanked him down onto the pillows with her, so he was propped over her body, and she cupped his face with her soft hands.

"I know, amor." She whispered back, bringing him down for a kiss.

TWITTER - APRIL 10th 2021
GemmaDamore
@/jackmanifold and @/WilburSoot left me to babysit and now I'm being abducted by @/tommyinnit

TWITTER - APRIL 10th 2021GemmaDamore@/jackmanifold and @/WilburSoot left me to babysit and now I'm being abducted by @/tommyinnit

79k likes 56k retweets

|tommyinnit; GET IN THE FUCKING CAR BITCH
      | gemmadamore: FUCK OFF

| ranboo: Gemma I only have one plane ticket I can't do this right now
     | gemmadamore: ARE YOU COMING TO BRIGHTON???????
         | Ranboo: YEAH?? I TOLD YOU THIS ALREADY??
              | gemmadamore: WTF MY SON!!

| philza: Jack and Wil need to help
    | trixtin: :) @/jackmanifoldtv @/wilbursoot
       | gemmadamore: GET EM KRIS

-

danonamore: Gemma is not who she seems to be, she's a lying, manipulative, cheating, whore.
    USER TURNED REPLIES OFF

.