19: QUICK CALL DADZA

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter nineteen:
third-person POV
Various Locations
Brighton, England
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Gemma waved goodbye to Wilbur one final time as she stepped into her office.

"Recording... right, right after my therapy..." Gemma murmured as she sat down, grabbing her little notebook and some pens while she clicked onto the call to Doctor Hawthornes office. As the call loaded, a black-haired woman quietly readjusted some papers as she sat in her chair.

"Mornin' Hawthorne." Gemma smiled and the woman glanced up with a grin.

"Miss D'Amore! Welcome back! How has it been settling in with England?" The woman smiled and Gemma laughed back.

"Oh! It's been quite alright!" Gemma laughed as she adjusted her seat, "everyone in England acts similarly to how they acted back home in Italy, with a slightly different charm. I've been away from Italy for so long, this feels amazing."

"Oh I'm glad!" Doctor Hawthorne smiled, "now, let's get to talking, I know you sent me some videos about you to watch but I wanted to hear it all from your perspective. Don't worry about time, you're my last patient today, we can go over... oh wait, before we get into your childhood, tell me about why you moved to Brighton?"

"Oh, so I've been living with my cousin Clay for the past few months in Florida, in America, but my visiting Visa was running out. My home address in Italy was leaked and someone tried to break into it. So, I needed somewhere new to live, and my boyfriend is a Twitch streamer and he lives here. He offered a place, we bought an apartment, and even though I feel like everything's going so fast it all feels perfectly fine," Gemma explains and the woman nods.

"Everyone lives life at different speeds, dear, it seems you've found the one, Yes?" She takes a cup off a little desktop warmer  with a small grin. Gemma smiled at the calm sight, grabbing her own drink and sighing.

"He certainly seems like the one."

They'd talked through part of Gemma's past and paused the conversation on that for a later date (much to Gemma's appreciation) and ended up talking about Fiore for a long time. Despite loving her sister to death, Gemma felt betrayed by what her sister had said to her. Doctor Hawthorne suggested that the two sisters talked to one another with the statement that,

"Communication with people is key, the least you can do is reach out and try to talk with her. If she doesn't answer, that's on her." The black haired woman had said.

So after her appointment and a short ten minute recording with her cousin, Gemma curled into a ball on her (and Wilbur's) bed with her phone in her hand. She idly chewed on one of her bracelets under her boyfriends sweater sleeve as she stared at Fiore's contact.

"I can talk to her. She's my sister." Gemma murmured, "she's just my sister."

Before Gemma could click the contact, her phone lit up, buzzing.

'Incoming Call from Fiore'

Gemma sighed and clicked answer.

"Ciao?" Gemma fell into Italian.

"Gemma! How are you? I hope I'm not disrupting anything?" Italian slipped through the other side of the phone and Gemma sighed happily. It was nostalgic to hear her sister speaking their native tongue.

"No no, I just got back from therapy." Gemma sighed, "it was a good appointment. I was actually gonna call you to talk."

"About what I said in February..?" Fiore sighs, "Gemma, I am so so sorry about that."