18: AND THEY WERE ROOMATES

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter eighteen:
third-person POV
Various Locations
Brighton, England
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Twitter, March 6th

WilburSoot
    Twitter I would like to report a stolen sweater, my yellow sweater is gone and I cannot find it. This is a catastrophe.
  23k retweets 87k likes

| user7
   NOOO NOT THE YELLOW SWEATER

| user45
       a true catastrophe

| philza
    embarrassing how easy you've given up your things, wil.

| tubbo
    but it's right here :)

| tubbo    but it's right here :)

gemmadamore
   I can't believe I got exposed by a SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD. I hate it here. Just let me steal his sweater in peace.
USER HAS TURNED REPLIES OFF

Wilbur kissed the top of Gemma's head, his lips brushing her scalp and staying still for a few seconds before he pulled away with a sigh and a grin.

"You sure you don't wanna address the rumors..?" He asked, kissing the side of her head and she shrugged.

"If I give it attention, it'll blow out of proportion again. I'd rather just let it die off." Gemma smiled at him, pecking a kiss on his lips, "plus, George and I are gonna call tonight and talk about it."

"Alright..." Wilbur murmurs, smiling at Gemma, "I just wanna make sure you're okay."

"I will be, I promise, okay? I'm gonna hop off to record for Clay, so I'll see you in an hour?" She murmurs and Wilbur nods.

"An hour." He says as she steps into the office with a final wave to Wilbur. They'd meet up later that night for dinner after Gemma finished up some recordings for new lore in the SMP. Wilbur had decided he'd take the time to run out to the store to get food for dinner (even if it was take out) and then he'd come back, eat, and maybe do a chill Q&A stream or some Geoguesser.

His shoes tapped idly along the floor of the store he stood in as he hummed, looking over the few salad options. He didn't really want to eat salad, but he'd promised Gemma he'd do her stupid diet with her. It wasn't a bad diet anyway, she's started following a few days before, as she was in the months leading up to filming for some short cameo she had in an upcoming Marvel movie. She had run to Wilbur and explained everything, about how they were shooting in Brighton, and that she was gonna be in it as a version herself for a whole ten minutes of screen time. She was practically bouncing off the walls when she'd told him. Hell, Wilbur was too, even if they couldn't tell anyone else about it. Since she'd moved to Brighton, she'd also rekindled her modeling career for a few companies, mostly companies like Represent or CLOAK. Despite her rocky first day, thanks Twitter, England had finally settled down and everything started going smooth.

"Wilbur!"

Was going smooth.

"Fiore?" He turned, his eyes blinking as the shorter Italian woman grinned. Her dark hair was pulled back into a messy bun and she wore a medium length sundress that swayed with every step she took as she neared Wilbur.

"Goodness! I wasn't expecting to see you here!" She laughed as if they were old friends. Wilbur knew what the woman had said about him, about how he was a waste of Gemma's time and that he would hurt Gemma. Fiore, in both Clay and Wilbur's mind, was off her rocker and needed to step back. Suddenly, Wilbur wished Clay hadn't gone home on a plane only four hours prior to this moment.

"Uhm. Hello, Fiore?" Wilbur rocked back and forth on his feet, grabbing a salad after making sure the calories and the amount of food matched Gemma's diet plan. He didn't get diets really, but he'd try for Gemma.

"I know I've been a little absent after my last freak out, and I meant to call you both and apologize." Fiore starts with a sad smile, "you see, I have some stuff wrong with me like my sister does and I was diagnosed with a whole bunch of things. Basically, what we discovered, is that my brain kinda over analyzes things and makes them seem ten times worse in my head. Gemma didn't do anything wrong and my reaction was so over the top. I wanted to apologize."

Wilbur feels so awkward, why is Fiore apologizing in the middle of this store? And people are watching, aren't they? What is he supposed to do here? What if someone recognizes them and if he says no they tell the internet.

"It's alright, Fiore. We all say things we don't mean sometimes." He stammers out of the first thing that comes to mind, giving the short woman a soft, mostly fake, smile, "I'm glad you're sorting through whatever's going on with you."

"I'm trying my hardest to!" She smiles and then grabs the salads from Wilbur, "here, I'll buy these for you, to start making it up to you."

"Oh uhm, thank you?" This is so weird. Why is this so weird? Fiore pays for the salads and some groceries she must've grabbed by herself before handing him the food back with a smile and then a pause and a soft curse as he tries to leave her near the entrance to the store. She grabs his sleeve and turns him around, Wilbur doesn't really know what else to do here.

"Oh, shit. Wilbur, I'm here visiting my girlfriend and I forgot where my hotel is, can you help me?" She asks and her smile is so sincere he just nods. It really shouldn't hurt, and he has thirty minutes until he has to be home anyway.

"Sure? What hotel is it?" He asks and he mistakes the mischievous grin on Fiore's face as a joyful one.