22. A LITTLE PDA

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter twenty-two:
third-person POV
Gemma and Wilbur's
House
Brighton, England
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Wilbur sat Gemma next to him as his stream loaded up, she curled into another one of his sweaters, which basically swallowed her petite frame. Wilbur thought it was adorable, but he didn't mention it.

"You fuckin' ready?" He murmured as he leaned over and pecked her lips.

"Mhm!" She nodded, setting her laptop on her lap. It was nearing the end of March, and the start of the climax of season three of the Dream SMP, so today they were building somethings while just chatting with his fans to spare them before the heavy lore began. Gemma had retweeted the link to his stream, mentioning she'd be there too and Wilbur watched as his viewer count began to climb for disabling it.

It was time to finally air out the laundry.

The streamed started and Wilbur greeted the chat while Gemma waved, giggling softly as the chat filled with her name.

"Hi guys! Hello! Oh my gosh, there's so many of you! Hello! Ciao!" She laughed before looking away to log into Minecraft.

"Chat is absolutely adoring my sweater on you, amor." Wilbur flushes and Gemma giggled.

"You're lucky my hair is good enough to be down today." She mutters and he burst into a laugh, leaning back in his chair. She has no idea if the mic picked it up, and she doesn't really care.

"Anyway, dear god Gem, we're playing some Minecraft. Are you hopping on the SMP?" Wilbur turns and Gemma nods, "yeah, if Tommy would get me out of spawn."

"Thomas, get her out." Wilbur says as he connects to the discord call, Gemma follows him, but mutes her mic so there's no echo. After a short bit of protest, and a brief sword fight, Tommy gets her out of spawn and brings her to where they're helping Tubbo build his Nuke Silo. They end up working on it for almost three hours, Gemma helping map out the buildings with Tubbo and clearing land with Ranboo while Wilbur and Tommy dick around and screw with their plans. They spend a good three hours working and messing around, and chat loves every time Gemma pauses to just watch Wilbur or when he does the same.

Pnce they're officially three hours in, Ranboo disconnectsto do some homework, Tommy following in a panic after realizing he has to study for some test the next day, and Tubbo leaves because his sister needs his help or something with the addition on his home, Gemma hadn't remembered. Out of the small group, only Gemma and Wilbur remained.

"I'm so tired... it's like three in the morning and I didn't sleep last night." Gemma whines. Wilbur looks over and runs a hand through her hair with a small smile.

"You can go to bed, amor." He says in a soft tone and she whines, clinging to his arm purposefully on camera. They know what they're implying.

"But cuddles." She whined again, making grabby hands at him, and with care to get her there safety, he pulled Gemma into his lap and cradled her head into his chest.

"Chat, I'm being drug to bed. This woman is the only one keeping me healthy." He laughed, kissing Gemma's forehead. She giggled and wrapped her arms around him as she yawned.

"Bye chat, I'll see you all soon..." she murmured, yawning again. Wilbur giggled and clicked off the stream, waving goodbye. Gemma was already partially asleep on his chest so he took a moment to save the vod of the stream and started to sort thorough his emails while singing to Gemma.

"Hey Wilbs...?" She whispers.

"Yeah Bams?" He looks down.

"We have a habit of humming or singing eachother to sleep." She sleepily giggles and Wilbur grins,

"It's the best way to fall asleep." He says as he starts to hum Jubilee Line. Gemma hums along to every song he hums, matching his energy until her games begun to grow and her eyes stay shut for longer periods of time. Wilbur continued to answer emails, most were just spam anyway, and he sighed softly as he deleted them. After Gemma completely relaxed against him, fast asleep and curled into his hoodie, he scooted back and gently readjusted her before carrying her over to bed. She clutches his sweater and groans and he chuckles, laying her down. She pulled him over and wrapped herself around him, kissing his cheeks and his face in her sleepy state. He laughed as she climbed in next to her and quickly put both of their phones on the charger.

"mi ami?" He murmured against her jaw as she carded her hands through his hair as he slipped into the bed next to her.

"per sempre, Wilbur, per sempre." She whispered, kissing him on the lips and giggling as he grinned goofily.

"I love you so much, Gemma. I do. I always will." She whispered, nuzzling into her hair and grabbing the hair tie off her wrist to tie it up. It wasn't the best job, but Gemma loved when he did it. He took his time and kissed her hair.

"I love you too. I promise." She whispered and he smiled a bit dopey grin. Despite everything, it was still them. Despite the arguments, the family, the fans, the creeps, it was still them. They still stayed there. As it should be.