32: SIBLINGS... TO THE END.

"fiore." a voice calls, the cells are locked, silence falling over the prison. fiore turns, her eyes glancing back to see a man standing outside her cell. he's wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, twirling guards keys on his hands with a small grin.

"took you long enough, enzo." fiore says, standing up as she brushes herself off. passing through the small room towards her brother.

"gemma and her little crew got you huh?" he grins, a criminal glint in his eyes.

"a few deadly mistakes on my end, but i think i played the role of the wannabe loved sister well." fiore chuckles, watching as enzo unlocks the door to her cell.

"six months." he says softly, "of just pretending. schedule a retrial, plead insanity, i'll have dad's lawyer get in contact with you. we'll have you tried in italian courts, it'll be different. we'll get you out sooner." he grins, chuckling darkly as he hands his sister a small envelope.

"don't be stupid this time, okay?" enzo says, shutting the prison door again and dipping his head to his sister before vanishing down the hallway.

they were gonna do it. they were going to get rid of gemma d'amore.

"wilbur!" gemma shouts, giggling as the tall man hoists her over his shoulders and jumps around with her in his hands. it had been six months since everything. lovejoy had released their ep, their second album, and was working on the third now, the dsmp started a whole new plot line (now moving into a whole world of multiverses and complicated backstories) and gemma had finally found some semblance of peace in her everyday life.

dream sat on the porch, watching as his cousin and her boyfriend roughhoused. george sat on his phone, idly scrolling as he hummed along to a new song dream planned to drop soon while sapnap and karl napped on a swing gemma had installed. Tommy was mock-wrestling with tubbo while ranboo sat on the grass and idly tapped on his phone. george leaned over, tapping dream's arm with his phone. the younger turned, his green eyes scanning over the headline 'D'AMORE SIBLINGS ENZO AND FIORE UP FOR RETRIAL COMING JANUARY.'

"that's in two months, since it just turned november." george says, like dream doesn't know. he turns around, watching as gemma rushes to the little picnic table with tommy in tow, complaining to tubbo about giving the younger one a nose bleed while ranboo and wilbur both cackle from where they sit on the grass.

"i don't know if i can tell her." dream whispers and sapnap hums from besides him.

"you have to." he says, "it's better she hears it from us when we find out then she finds out through the grapevine."

"plus," his mother says as she shuts the back door, her and drista having come home from getting the pizza for dinner, "they're blasting it all over the news. she'll find out soon. dinner guys!"

"thanks miss!" someone shouts and gemma quickly takes tommy inside while yelling about grabbing one of wilbur's shirts from upstairs.

"so what do i do? tell her that bother her brother and sister could get out of jail basically free of charge?" dream snaps, with way mor malice than he should have. the look his mother gives him tells him that clearly, but before anyone can say anything, a soft 'what?' echos from both ranboo and wilbur.

"enzo and fiore are up for retrial. it's going to start in january, and they'll be using the original evidence so no one will have to go into the court again besides them. enzo is set to have parole next year, he's i think almost exactly fourteen months away from release... so it makes sense for him to get a retrial, but fiore's is so close... i don't get it." dream sighs, leaning forward.

"they're retrialing her in italian courts since she's a resident of italy." george explains as he reads the article, the back door opens and tommy steps out but the whole yard stills, "they're claiming gemma tried to abuse the english laws by having fiore punished by england's laws instead of italy's."

"but it happened in england?" wilbur reasons, his eyes flickering towards gemma, and before he can even open his mouth she's speaking.

"they're doing what..?" she whispers, body oddly still as she stares straight forward at george, who shakily holds his phone out to her with obvious fear at her reaction.

she screams.

a/n
what if i said this was the end of the book huh? what would you do? what would you DO?
act two?? soon?? maybe??
happy september y'all :3! see u soon 😳👀