16: NIGHT LIFE

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter sixteen:
third-person POV
various locations
anaheim, california
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

TW FOR (BRIEFLY) IMPLIED TAMPERING WITH DRINKS, ALCOHOL, AND DRUNKNESS.

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

INSTAGRAM, FEBRUARY 2021 gemmadamore

658k likesI think the corset + Wilbur's button-up (that's like a dress on me!!!!) is a cute outfit

658k likes
I think the corset + Wilbur's button-up (that's like a dress on me!!!!) is a cute outfit. What you can't see in my biking shorts under this dress, which definitely ties it all together.

wilbursoot: pls for the love of god
    | technoblade: not on main Wilbur oh my god
     | wilbursoot: tech she's been in the bathroom for an hour I want to leave
     | technoblade: oh that is not what I was thinking you meant
     | tommyinnit: gross.
     | wilbursoot: Tommy ur a child.

nihachu: omg ur so pretty...

user8: compensating.

rtgame: ohhh you're the one Wilbur likes
    | gemmadamore: buongiorno mr Ireland
    | rtgame: hey, I'm not jacksepticeye.

user17: she's too skinny.... eat something???

TwitchCon had come to a close faster than Gemma had hoped it would. But despite the sadness of it being over, she was excited for one more event, the after-party. The SMP had left for the party together (except for Techno, Karl, Philza, Kristen, Bad, Skeppy, Ant, and Red Velvet, who'd stayed back to watch the minors since they didn't really feel like going.) Clay had gone off with Sapnap early in the night and Gemma trailed behind Wilbur who greeted basically every YouTuber or streamer he knew. They'd ended up spending a decent amount of time talking with RT, Jacksepticeye, and Gab Smolders about... something. Gemma couldn't remember, everything felt fuzzy.

About halfway through the night, Gemma had begun to feel woozy. She'd had a few light shots with Seán early in the night as a celebration of her joining 'the dark side of streaming', and she knew she'd only had one half-glass of wine from the bar... but she was feeling far drunker than her usual. She wasn't a lightweight at all, nothing like Wilbur could be (even though his tolerance seemed high tonight.) So she pulled Wilbur closer to her to keep herself from falling while Rihanna shouted with Niki about something on the dance floor. She wasn't as worried as she should've been, the goofy grin on her face showed that, but Wilbur noticed.

"Gemma, you okay?" Wilbur had asked as they danced and she shrugged, stumbling as she giggles.

"I'm woozy!" She had laughed in his face and kissed him messily. It wasn't that Wilbur didn't love Gemma's kisses, even drunk she'd been a good kisser, but he felt wrong. He hadn't done anything bad, but he still felt wrong and he knew he needed to fix this. As he brought Gemma to the side of the dance floor, he looked around the party for Dream but caught Lukas's grin instead. Protectively he pulled Gemma to his chest and nuzzled his head in her hair.

"Cmon baby, let's get you back upstairs, okay?" Wilbur gently guided the Italian out of the way of people as she stumbled and he ended up just carrying her as they passed through the nearly empty convention halls. A few stray con attendees worked to help pack up booths or made their way to the closest exits. Gemma mumbled nonsense Italian into Wilbur's shoulder and that's when it hit him. They'd only been there for a little over an hour, how had she gotten so drunk? He didn't want to dwell on the possibility, instead, he worried about getting Gemma back into her bed.

"Babyyy~" Gemma cooed before shouting in Italian, "I wanna kiss you!"

"I have no idea what you're saying Gemma." Wilbur laughed as he pressed the button to call the elevator.

"ragazzo carino. alto... ragazzo carino." Her Italian wasn't spot on, her pronunciation and sentences slurred together, but Wilbur just nodded along.

"Mhm. Cmon baby, we gotta get you to bed." With little trouble, he guided her into the elevator and she giggled, sliding her hand down his chest as she hooked it on the bottom of his dress shirt.

"dormi con me? Per favore, resta con me." She was pleading, he didn't know why, so he just kissed the top of her head as the elevator rumbled up.

"We're gonna play a game when we get back to the hotel room, okay?" Wilbur crooned, running his hands down her hair to her lower back, "you've gotta pretend to be asleep, because you're looking a little sick and I don't wanna worry anyone, okay?"

"Okay!" She shouted and Wilbur shushed her as he stepped into the hall and quickly picked her back up again. He didn't like lying to anyone, but this just felt... wrong. He didn't want to do anything besides getting Gemma in pajamas and get her comfy to sleep off whatever alcohol she'd had too much of, but he just felt like those douchebags in those movies even if he wasn't. He'd have to tell Clay about this when he got back that night if he wasn't too drunk.

"ti amo tanto.." she whispered as he laughed and inserted her keycard into the reader. They stepped into the back of the room and he waved at Kristen, who'd been in the hall.

"Is she okay?" Kristen murmured and Wilbur nodded.

"She was tired and feeling a bit off, so I brought her back." He smiled, "I'm gonna help her get ready for bed, and then I'll come back down to you guys."

"Okay!" Kristen patted his arm as she walked back towards where the rest of the group sat in the living room. Wilbur turned and made his way up the stairs, gently kissed Gemma's cheek as he kicked open her door gently.

"Alright baby." He set her down on the bed and she giggled, grabbing his collar and kissing his nose.

"Ti amo..." she mused and he smiled, kissing her nose back.

"Let's get some comfy clothes for you... do you want to wear some sweatpants and a hoodie?" He asked and she pointed towards the yellow hoodie he'd worn here since Gemma had ironed his shirt for him.

"giallo ... e pigiama." She muttered, clearly tired as she rubbed her eyes.

"Okay... this?" He pointed at the sweater and she nodded vigorously. He found some black pajama pants on her dresser and when he handed them over and helped her undo her corset, she immediately began to tug off her dress.

"Woah! Woah!" Wilbur stood back, blocking his face.

"Whhaaatt?" Gemma slurred and he sighed as he walked towards the bathroom and said,

"I'm gonna grab your makeup wipes. Tell me when you're changed."

Gemma had just laughed and continued to change whilst Wilbur grabbed what she needed. After a while, she called him back in and he helped take off her heels (and gave her feet a small massage) before he took off her makeup and brushed her hair. The whole time she sang something soft, it sounded like Jubilee Line, or maybe Losing Face, but he couldn't make out the words no matter how hard he tried. Eventually, once she was all situated, he laid her under the covers and kissed her face all over as a goodnight before he turned to leave. Her arm shot out and caught his wrist as she whispered.

"Stay with me... please..."

He couldn't say no to her sad face, so he slipped into a comfier set of pants he'd worn during the day and slipped his dress shirt off. Having no alternative, he just slid into bed next to her. In her drunken state, Gemma giggled and curled up against him, laying her head on his chest so she could hear his heartbeat and his breathing. He slipped his hands through her hair and left gentle kisses to her face and she sighed and slowly drifted to sleep, him following soon after.

So much for helping Kristen clean.