24: DRISTA AND DONOS

Weeks had passed without much stress. Gemma and Wilbur both didn't have Twitter anymore, so they didn't bother with looking at any of the trends. After almost three weeks, Gemma still hadn't called Clay or her mother and told them about what had happened. Wilbur didn't pressure her into doing so, he knew it was best if she did it on her own terms. Plus, Gemma had been super busy anyway, so he wasn't surprised she forgot.

In the cool breeze through their open bedroom window, Gemma laid on her stomach, the warmth of Wilbur's arm around her back soothing her as he slept calmly next to her. Over the past three weeks, Wilbur had basically showered her with love, trying to make up for the miscommunication, which Gemma also tried to make up for at the same time.

In short, they were a mess of love and admiration.

Gemma sighed after checking the clock, slowly untangling herself from Wilbur and the pillows and planting a kiss on the side of his head before standing up. It was mid-March now, and things were finally starting to warm up. She'd started to stream more often and considering how Wilbur was coming back to writing the Dream SMP soon, she'd had to make her own character for him. She'd ended up being some sort of guardian of the timeline, who Wilbur met while dead, and she was like a co-conscious with him after his revival. It was kinda fun getting to sit and in a vc and just shout random things at Wilbur that everyone else had to pretend to not hear.

She made it into a game of how much she could make everyone laugh.

Checking the clock again, and actually reading the numbers this time, she realized it was almost noon and she hadn't even made anything to eat yet.  Gemma knew Wilbur was still trying to make himself get up without his alarm or Gemma most mornings, so she made her way into the kitchen as quiet as she could. She plugged in her phone to the wall and had the speakers play some soft Italian music she'd grown up with while she started to make lunch. She had decided on simple grilled cheese and soup, considering she was still dead tired and didn't have much energy for anything else.

As she started to make the sandwiches, her phone rang, and she disconnected it from the Bluetooth quickly to answer the call. A smile placed on her lips.

"Hello?" She said as she lifted the phone to her ear.

"Hey Gemma!" Drista's voice rang through the phone and Gemma glanced over at the clock.

"Dris, why are you calling me at like... four in the morning?" The Italian woman asked, leaning back on her counter where food sat long forgotten.

"I have a question that's gonna sound so stupid but hear me out, okay?" Drista sighed, "I literally cannot fall asleep and you're the only person I thought of to call."

"Damn, it's that serious? Spit it out then." Gemma said, holding the phone to her ear as she looked over to see Wilbur sleepily trudging into the kitchen. She must've woken him by talking. She offered him a soft pity smile and he waved her off.

"I think Clay... uhm... I think he like..." Drista groaned on the line, "I think he's attracted to my teacher, like... attracted attracted."

Gemma paused before shouting, "Clay wants to fuck your teacher?!"

Wilbur jumped from where he stood and screwed his face up in a confused look. Gemma stared at the counter in confusion and anger.

"No, Gemma! Oh my god, he doesn't wanna fuck my teacher? Oh, hi Clay." Drista burst into laughter and Gemma gasped.

"Drista! Let me talk to him, let me talk to him." She said as Wilbur made his way over, rubbing his face before wrapping himself around Gemma. Pulling her phone away from her ear, Gemma smiled, as Drista began faintly yelling at Clay over something. Gemma leaned over and kissed the crown of Wilbur's head and mumbled a good morning and an apology to him. He shrugged it off and put his head on her shoulder, despite how far he had to slump to do so. Gemma put her phone back to her ear as she heard the argument ending.

"He said no." Drista tapped her feet, "and I've gotta get ready for school anyway."

"Tell him I'm trending him on Twitter," Gemma laughed, "Let's talk more after school, okay? I love you, stay safe, don't be an idiot like your brother. Bye bye."

She set her phone down and turned, curling into Wilbur's chest and sighing happily as he rested his head atop hers.

"Morning, principessa." He mumbled and she laughed, looking up at him.

"Good morning, amor." She kissed his nose, "it's actually noon, now... so do you want grilled cheese like I was gonna make before Drista called me?"

"Sounds perfect to me, a lazy breakfast for a lazy morning."

"It's noon and it's lunch!" Gemma laughed, pulling him into the kitchen with her as he burst into giggles beside her.

At about three, Gemma had to start her stream. She was starting a creative server with a few friends who enjoyed building (Philza and Sam had helped her set it up, so they were her admins.) It was the first time she was streaming in her new home with Wilbur, so she just prayed everything went well. As she booted into her stream, her chat was filling with welcome back messages and the usual lore related meta gaming she hated to see. Sighing happily, she switched her scene over, she'd start with some QnA considering how long she'd been away.

"Ciao Chat!" Gemma giggled, "I missed you all! How have you been?"

User78: GEMMA!!!! I MISSED U
User26: DO U LIVE WITH GEORGE?
user12: HOWS BRIGHTON?
user9: HI GEMMA
user3: POGCHAMP POGCHAMP !!

"Uhhh, hi chat! Hello! Brighton.. oh, it's been lovely! Next week I've gotta drive like... a few hours to meet up with Tommy since he's moving soon! How exciting right? Wil and I are gonna go help him pack." Gemma sighed, taking a sip from her wine.

"What's up with Clay and that teacher? Oh! Okay! So it's actually not creepy! She used to be friends with him in highschool, so he already knows her and they're the same age! I think they're just joking about him liking her though, Clay tells me everything so I know it all." Gemma giggled, leaning back in her seat, "plus, if he likes her, I have to fly to Florida and vibe check her."

"How's George? I think he's doing okay! I texted him this morning and he was sleeping in, as usual, so he didn't get back to me. But he did give me some hoodies the other day since he was cleaning out his closet, so there's that." She shrugged, "he's so nice, I miss streaming with him. Maybe I'll steal him and screw around on the Dream SMP."

"What's been going on with the whole video you planned to make with your family? Okay! It's almost done, actually, I know it's taken awhile but between moving, Twitchcon, and some other drama that's been happening in my life it's been hard to sit down and focus on it for hours. But it should be out in a few weeks, maybe?" She sighed, booting up Minecraft.

"But yeah, I'll probably keep answering questions but we're gonna pop onto my new server I told you guys about! The creative one... I think Phil's on right now..? I dunno. Lets find out." She grinned at her camera.

And a dono caught her off guard as it read, "are you and George dating?"

"I'm sorry, what?" She laughed, "do you guys not have Instagram? I'm dating Wilbur, I have been since like.. Early March. Why... whatever. Lets just load in and hop in their call."

Gemma tried to ignore the way her stomach twisted.