14. SISTERS INTUITION

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter fourteen:
third-person POV
marriott hotels
anaheim, california
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

"Clay, what's going on?" Gemma asks as she watches her cousin pace.

"Fiore called me, she's worried about you." He motions to his phone, which has Fiore's stern face on it nd before he can continue, he's cut off by Gemma's worried look.

"Oh god, what type of intervention is this? I didn't even know I did anything wrong!" Gemma whines, sitting on the bed as Clay props Fiore up.

"Well, I tried to call you twice." Fiore starts angrily, "but you didn't answer. So I called Clay, figuring you let your phone die again, as usual. And then when he goes to find you, I see two hands above you on some frosted glass and I realize that you're making out with some random British boy in a hotel bathroom!"

"He's not random, he's Wilbur!" She complains, her leg bouncing. Clay tilts his head in confusion, knowing damn well this isn't what Fiore called him to talk about.

Fiore screeches, "You're not ready for this, Gemma! I don't trust him!"

Gemma glances to Clay for support but he's looking away, gnawing at his fingernail as he tried to think. She groans, knowing he's not going to be much help, so she tries, "Fiore, can't you be happy for me?"

"Don't trust boys so easily, especially not ones with that much free time. Think of what he might do!" Fiore crosses her arms, "He's a waste of your time, someone who's only focused on his short-sightedlife!"

Clay goes to say something but in a panic, Gemma cuts him off, "He's not gonna do anything to me! I know he wouldn't do anything! He cares!"

"And how do you know that?!" Fiore screams over the phone.

"He told me!"

"And you said that about Aurelia." Fiore snaps and Gemma falls silent. Clay is shocked, he hadn't expected that. He'd expected her anger, hell he'd expected it. He knew Gemma was getting over the trauma Aurelia had caused, everyone knew she was trying, that's what made this new relationship treacherous. But it wasn't worth an argument.

"You're acting like a— like a bitch!" Gemma cries, tears rolling down her face.

"You're fucking traumatized, Gemma! I'm trying to fucking help you! You can go around and fuck guys to try and get your mind off the pain—" Fiore starts but Gemma's sob cuts her off and that's when it finally clicks to Clay just how harsh Fiore is being.

"Fiore!" Clay says, grabbing his phone.

"What Clay? She's acting like a... whore or something." Fiore complains, her face red in anger. And it's the second time this year Gemma's been called that, and Clay's blood boils.

"Fiore, what the fuck?" He says, grabbing his phone and glaring at her.

"She's not over Aurelia! Look at how she fucking panics every time I mention the bitch! God, quella puttana." Fiore mutters, "she's broken, Clay!"

"She's panicking because you are screaming and insulting her, Fiore! She's been trying so hard to get better and this isn't gonna help her, okay, because Wilbur is nothing like Aurelia is." Clay snaps, "He's never done anything wrong like this and I'm not worried about him because he knows if he fucks up, I will beat the shit out of him, I fucking told him that! He knows we're protective of Gemma and he is too! Fiore, I don't care what you think of Gemma, or Wilbur, or any other content creators. You cannot scream at them, or anyone, like that. God, maybe you need therapy for this fucking anger issue you have! I just..."

Gemma sniffles and Clay growls under his breath, suddenly not worried about Fiore, "We'll talk later." There's a beep as the call ends.

Immediately, he throws his arms around Gemma and rubs her back. She curls in on him and bawls, her hands curling into the fabric of his pale blue hoodie. He feels horrible, he should've ended the call as soon as Gemma got upset, but he'd been afraid to. Gemma calms down after a few minutes and Clay sits her back against the pillows and walks over to her attached bathroom for a wet rag and a dry rag to wipe her face. Once he's back, he leans against the bed and slowly drags them across her red face. She leans into the cool touch of the rag and sighs as he slowly wipes it across her temple to calm her down and calm her flushed skin; she sighs and he sighs along with her.

"That's not even what I needed you for." Clay murmurs under his breath.

Gemma grips his wrist, "Please, just say what's wrong."

"Someone doxxed your address in Italy. Your manager told me they're moving everything out of your house because someone actually tried to break into it this morning. They'll put it in storage for you." He explains, cupping her face and rubbing a thumb along her cheekbone.

"Okay." She's oddly calm, almost numb to the pain, and he nuzzled her head into his grip.

"You can stay in Florida on your visa for a few more months, my Mom already said she'd love to have your company in her home. Or you can stay in mine with Nick and George." He lays her down along the pillows and she nods.

"I was planning on moving sometime soon anyway, so I'm not that freaked out. I'll talk to my manager tomorrow morning when you guys are at the con." She murmurs and he nods, running his fingers through her hair as she clings to his touch, "thanks for telling me."

"Of course, Bambi." He grins and the two sit in silence for a while, her head resting on his shoulder and the pillows as he gently runs his fingers through her still sandy and salty hair. She sighs and closes her eyes, slowing her breathing until she feels completely normal again. It probably only takes ten or so minutes, but that's probably because she just repressing everything.

"I hope no one heard that argument." She muses with a giggle, "though they most definitely heard you screaming at Fiore."

"I got pissed," Clay admits softly, grinning down at his cousin as she sits up and wipes her face with a soft smile. He trails his eyes across her, trying to make sure she's actually fully relaxed before he notices a red spot on her chin (that may or may not be from leaning on her hand) but he doesn't mind as he starts to giggle.

"Gemma, oh my god." Clay brings a hand to his face as he wheezes.

"What? What!?" She asks, getting up and spinning around as he looks at her and absolutely loses it.

"Y-Your jaw, oh my god! Gemma, please, go look!" Clay is practically crying from laughing at this point and Gemma rolls her eyes, grabbing her phone before gasping.

"Did that fucker give me a damn hickey?!" She whines and Clay falls off the bed as he screams and wheezes out a laugh.

"Oh my god, please." He whines, holding the 'e' as he stretched out whilst laying on the floor. After the two laughs for a good two or three minutes, Gemma applies some make-up to hide it, just in case, before she grabs her bedroom door.

"Fuck you, I'm gonna go eat my Panini."

"Yeah!" Clay screams,  "Alright Gemma! Go show everyone the hickey you got from that lanky fuck!"

"Shut the fuck up, Clay!" Gemma shouts back with a smile, genuinely not caring.

A/N:
Look I hate to say it but Fiore (is a bitch) isn't wrong.
also, I posted a new Wilbur story because I have no self-control :)! Enjoy! It's called Mocha Smile.