05. hundred players

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter three:
third-person POV
Some office building
Near Brighton,
England
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

     wilbursoot is live!: 100 players build the North Pole w/ SBI + Gemma and Niki!

"Hello Chat!" Wilbur spoke, grinning from ear to ear, his leg bounced slightly under his desk in nervousness of the number that raised in the corner before he clicked it off to hide it. Turning to his discord, he put himself in the call and muted, making sure he was before speaking again, "how are you lot, chat? I've been doing pretty good recently, eh?"

The chat was filled with hellos and other cheery messages, fans used his Christmas emotes he'd gotten made for December and he sat with a big goofy grin as he glanced at the notifications that vibrated his phone.

nihachu is live: 100 player challenge with sleepy bois and Gemma!

tommyinnit is live: BUILDING CHRISTMAS WITH SBI, NIKI AND GEMMA!!

ph1lza is live: corralling the children again... 100p mc challenge

gemmadamore is live: [ENG] 26 giorni di natale! 100 player challenge with Wilbur and more!

"Ah, they've all gone live." Wilbur says softly, he feels an awkward tug in his chest, like he doesn't know what to say. He doesn't know why, he usually knows exactly what to say or he can at least bullshit his way to something. He had always been at least decent at improv, hell, majority of his acting so far on the SMP was improv. So this feeling of awkwardness, which he played off by taking a drink, felt so foreign to him.

"Friends?" Gemma says, unmuting her mic in the Discord call, "hellooo?"

"Gemma!" Niki cheers, giggling, "hello my dear!"

Gemma claps a few times and laughs, "Niki! Hi! How are you?"

"I'm doing wonderfully! How are you?" Niki responds and the two girls begin chatting amicably. The tow had met previously, since Gemma had mentioned being nervous with new people, and he wanted to at least introduce her to new people. The two of them had clicked almost instantly, and he had been glad. Wilbur grins at their interaction as he sends the server IP in their private discord messages. His eyes glance at his chat and he scowls at it.

user2: Niki v Gemma, who's gonna date wilbur
user00: !uptime
user7: GEMMA IS BETTER
user8: *message deleted by moderator*
user34: chill chat
user69: *message deleted by moderator*
user9: guys stop, Wilbur's uncomfy with these sorts of messages

"Hey, todays mods, if you need to up slow mode like Julia usually does, or if you need to change the chat to emote only, you can. Do what you have to do to moderate." Wilbur says softly, giving his camera tiny smile.

"Hey! How's everyone's days going?" Tommy shouts, "except the pseudo American."

"ugh! Shut it, Tommy!" Gemma shouts and Wilbur rolls his eyes and unmutes himself. The two continue to bicker while Techno and Philza have a genuinely nice conversation with Niki in the background.

"Hey guys." Wilbur says softly, causing the call to swap to greeting him instead. Trying to block her concern from her camera, Gemma grabs her phone off camera. Even with her quick disguise, viewers still pick up on her concern. Chat buzzes about it, but she ignores it in favor of over thinking. She knows Wilbur doesn't usually start streams if he's low energy, and if he hadn't then something had to have happened in the short five minutes she'd been starting up her stream.