17: INTERLUDE

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
chapter seventeen:
third-person POV
various locations
worldwide
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

     Leaving Anaheim was the hardest part. Wilbur and Gemma had literally hung off each other the whole time in the airport and when it came time for them to finally split apart, the kiss they shared couldn't have felt any better. As Wilbur parted to get on his airplane Gemma had quickly grabbed her necklace and put it on him, saying it was only fair he got something of hers if she got his sweater. He'd laughed, pulled her in for another hug and discreet peck before Clay basically had to drag her away.

The next three weeks were spent planning, paying, and packing everything up. They had actually bought a new flat with (majorly) Gemma's money and Wilbur's roommates had already found someone else willing to move in. Gemma had worried briefly about everything going too quickly, but one smiling reassurance from her cousins had sent her into a packing frenzy one late February evening.

TWITTER- MARCH 28th

gemmadamore
packing packing packing packing... so many damn boxes.
264k likes 99k retweets 198 replies

user16: where's she moving?

tommyinnit: do not hurt yourself woman
     | gemmadamore: I'll hurt you, bastard.

wilbursoot: :)!!

danonmore
Gemma was drunk at twitchcon when Wilbur took her away from the party.
USER HAS TURNED OFF REPLIES

danonamore
Gemma is moving to the UK, specifically Brighton, England.
USER HAS TURNED OFF REPLIES

"Wil!" Gemma fell back on her bed in Clay's house, "how are you, love?"

"I'm doing fine, amor." Wilbur sighed softly, "I missed you and I wanted to check in and see if you were almost ready to move?"

"I am! The last boxes are packed and I talked with my manager yesterday and she's ready to send the stuff over to the new apartment once you settle in." Gemma twirled her fingers around the golden chain from a little necklace Clay had bought her.

"Good, good, I'll let her know when." He smiled, "uhm, what about the therapist? Did you go with Mrs. Hawthorne?"

"Mhm! George took my doctors papers over yesterday." Gemma sighed, "and I got my insurance updated for the doctor's office, and my new lawyer, and my new internet plan... I think the only thing I need to get now is a new PC for streaming. I think Clay's gonna do that for me though."

"He'll probably buy you something better than what he has." Wilbur chuckled and she could hear him shut a door behind him, and his voice echoed a bit more, "the living room is so empty here... can you move sooner?"

"My flights in two days, Wil. I'll see you then." Gemma giggles. They'd talked every single day since they split ways in Anaheim. They'd planned everything about her arrival down to the crossing of their 't's and the dots over their 'i's. The new home was bought two days after Anaheim by Wilbur, it was a four-bedroom office (two bedrooms would be converted into offices and one into a spare room) with two bathrooms. It was two floors and only about thirty minutes away from where Philza lived and an additional 45 away from Tubbo. Insurance had been updated, doctors' offices switched, new services bought, the only thing that they needed now was to plan their furniture delivery for after Gemma arrived and to make some calls to parents insuring the safety of their kids since Tubbo and Tommy had both insisted on helping them move.

"Forty-eight hours," Gemma whispered as Wilbur yawned on the line.

Forty eight hours passed in the blink of an eye. Clay was checking them out of the airport, making sure their visas were correct when Gemma spotted Tommy, Tubbo, Kristen, and Philza chatting nearby while George and Wilbur came up to them. She was so antsy to go see everyone she nearly forgot to take her passport and visa back from the kind lady who'd been helping them. The first person she hugged was Wilbur, unsurprisingly, and the two shared a quick kiss before Gemma was basically tugged away by Tommy and Tubbo who complained she hadn't greeted them first. The group clambered as they walked over to the exits, suitcases being rolled by Tommy (as Gemma had smacked the back of his head and told him to make himself useful as a joke, and then he took it as a challenge.)

They arrived at the house and made their way inside the large white home, Wilbur commenting about how he was gonna have to learn how to do yard work sometime soon and Philza commenting about how they had enough money to just hire someone. Before everyone went off on their own, Gemma snapped a picture of them all in the foyer and posted it on her Twitter.

They all decided to not look at Twitter in the meantime.

The furniture was delivered soon after and the rest of the day was spent unpacking and sorting boxes. Tubbo and Tommy worked together to move most things, Kristen attempted to help build some things with Clay and Philza, while George and Wilbur set other things up in the kitchen. Gemma bounced from person to person, making sure everything was going right.

At about 12:30am, Tubbo and Tommy were forcibly retired to the newly furnished guest room while the adults finished up the living room couches. After then, Philza and Kristen decided to go home for the night while George and Clay stayed over. Gemma sighed and clicked onto Twitter and swiped over to a DM from one of her new Twitch mods that simple read 'look at trending.'

TWITTER TRENDING- MARCH 28TH.

1) GEMMANOTFOUND trending with GEMMA DAMORE, GEORGENOTFOUND AND DREAMWASTAKEN
fans are shocked after Gemma D'Amore shares a picture of her with her friends in her new home.

...GemmaNotFound..?

She clicked on the image and that's when she realized it, when they'd taken the picture, Wilbur had been blocked out by Tommy's arm and she'd taken a separate selfie with George and Clay she'd posted.

Shit. Everyone probably thought she was moving in with George.