28.

As long as I'm loving you,
you'll never be alone.

Find Me Here, Hayley Williams

STERLING'S POV:

I continue typing on the computer working on my essay. The second one to be exact. Since being grounded the past two days I have started to find boredom to be unbearing. He won't even let me walk out in the backyard because he knows that Harry and I used to have extensive conversations with him over the fence. So i've been inside, forced to watch Grey's and do nothing.. So I decided to do something, like work on my two short essays for Yale.. and part of me wonders about Harry. About his status with both of those schools. I get on my phone, and call the only person I know to call.

    "Hello?" She asks.

    "Hey Gemma! What are you up to?" I ask, and she sighs.

    "I just got in from dinner. Mum tells me that you and Harry are being bad, and doing stupid things... That's what I like to hear." She laughs as she shuffles around her room.

    "It wasn't that bad.. We just.. Went somewhere we weren't supposed to be and almost got caught by the police... but we didn't so it wasn't that bad!" I defend, and she laughs.

    "You don't have to defend yourself to me.. I think it's awesome.. Anyways, I've got some things to catch up on. Did you need something?" She asks.

    "Oh um.. Well I'm working on a college essay.. An essay for Yale actually and I had a question about Harry actually." I tell her.

    "Yale? Go you.. I hope everything goes alright... What about Harry?" She asks.

    "He told me that he rejected Yale, and Harvard, and I just wanted to know if you knew anything about that." I bring it up, and hear a bit of silence before she speaks.

    "Why are you asking? Does he want to know?" She asks quickly, almost defensively. I lean back into the chair in the middle of the kitchen, looking at the essay on the screen of my laptop contemplating why she reacted this way.

    "No.. I mean we talked about it, and he said something about it, how he rejected them, and it seemed like he wished he hadn't.. I just thought I'd ask." I shrug,

    "Well.. My mum was the one in charge of telling them to stop reaching out. Which she never actually did. She just intercepted all the letters, and the emails... So no, he never actually rejected Harvard or Yale. He just thinks he did, but he'll be incredibly pissed if he finds out so maybe don't say anything to him.." She suggests.

    "What if he brings it up?" I ask.

    "I doubt he will.. He was very set on saying no, and I know why now.. Maybe talk to my mum first. Either way I've got to go, I'll talk to you later." She chirps into the phone.

    "Okay, bye Gemma." I sigh, and hang up the phone. I shake my head, and get back to work on my essay, feeling my stomach grumble, but ignoring it. There's work to be done, and I'll eat when I finish.

    "HELLOOOO!" My dad yells as he walks through the door.

    "What do you want?" I call out, continuing to type on the computer.

    "Just making sure you didn't sneak out, and go see your boyfriend." He throws his keys down on the counter, and I point below me.

    "Why would I ever sneak out when I've got Jon right here?" I ask looking down at the ground where he lays. "Plus I haven't forgotten that I'm grounded. I'm not trying to get more grounded." I roll my eyes, and look at my laptop again. My stomach grumbles, and I continue to focus on my screen, reading over the last few sentences I wrote.