34.

The stars will keep on falling
for the ones who
wish at night.

~So Will I by Ben Platt~

STERLING'S POV:

    It's been four days, four whole days of working on the tree house, four nights of sleepovers with the girls, and rekindling our friendship. It's been four days, and the treehouse is done. It only took four fucking days, and when it was just my stubborn ass up there it took me almost a month just to get the shell up. Harry and I finished hanging the lights up that go in all the surrounding trees, and today, earlier today I got my dad to actually help. He went up, and trimmed the trees around the treehouse so I could truly see the stars.. It's almost done, every bit of it is almost done except the painting part.

    "STERLINGGGGGGG!!!!!" I hear the scream from downstairs, and I jump up. Speaking of painting... I run down the stairs in a ratty old t-shirt that used to be my dads and shorts too.I wear a bucket hat on my head, and bright colored tennis shoes that I know don't match my outfit at all. I jump off the last step, and bow after I land perfectly on my feet. Harry looks at me from outside,  the door open as he leans down to place the paint buckets. He cups his hands around his mouth, and cheers loudly for me. I wave, and bow, pretending I did something spectacular as he cheers for me.

"And she sticks the landing!" He shouts, and melts into a smile immediately, and I skip through the house towards him. He sets everything down as I make it outside, and he wraps his arms around my back tightly, pulling me out, and turning me around as he lifts me off the ground slightly.

    "Good morning." I smile up at him as he sets me back on the ground.

    "How's an adventure sound? Tomorrow... School starts in three weeks, we've finished the treehouse, now we have one more thing to finish..." He looks down on me. The bucket list, we still need to finish the bucket list.

    "I think an adventure sounds wonderful."  I lean up, and he meets me halfway, pressing his lips to mine. I hear someone clear their throat, and I back away from Harry quickly, noticing my dad walks up, and prop himself against the open back door.

    "Uh... Sorry." Harry backs away from me, and my dad rolls his eyes.

    "I just wanted to make sure you two finish up the painting before tonight.. You remember what I told you?" He asks me, and I sigh.

    "No because you wont tell me anything. You just said I need to look nice, and be ready to go after dinner." I shrug my shoulders.

    "Well that's because that's all you need to know." Harry speaks out.

    "Wait, you know too?" I ask, and he nods.

    "I do, and I'm coming with you, just do what your dad says." He instructs, lifting paint cans towards the finished tree house.

    "I hate when you two team up against me." I sigh, getting the supplies. "I'll be ready, don't worry dad!" I yell out to him, and I hear the door slide closed. I watch as Harry climbs up into the treehouse with one hand, holding the paint bucket in the other. He slides the paint bucket on the landing, and climbs up the rest of the way. "You forgot one." I tell him, and he shakes his head.

"You can do some heavy lifting princess." He jokes, and I roll my eyes, grabbing the other paint bucket. I have no idea what color could be inside, I told him he could choose, and he did obviously.
    "You're obnoxious." I sigh as I push the paint bucket onto the ledge just as he did.

"Just like you, awe how cute." He puts his hands to his chest as he looks down on me. I climb all the way onto the ledge, and reach into my pocket, pulling out a middle finger for him, and he bursts out laughing.