20.

Oh baby don't cry anymore.
You know that they say,
that healing is sore.

TW: Mention of rape.

STERLING'S POV:

    "You're fucking with me." I laugh, and he shakes his head as he sits in his desk chair throwing a ball in the air over and over only and he catches it every time.

    "No I'm not." He smiles, looking at the ceiling. We finished up early today with the treehouse mostly because I was incredibly tired. Gemma left two days ago, and he definitely needed the distraction. He's very vocal about what he feels but it's easy to tell in my opinion.

    "So animals hug each other just like humans?" I ask, and he nods his head, continuing to throw the ball. "Name some." I encourage, leaning back onto his bed as I stare.

    "Elephants, all primate, not gorillas though. Panda. Pigs love to cuddle too. Dogs like to cuddle, but hugging them like you'd hug a human gives them a bit of anxiety. As for cats they enjoy it too, but only sometimes." He tells me, and I reach my hand over to Evie, petting the black and white cat who is curled up on his bed. She purrs, and pushes her head into my hand which only makes me smile. "Thought you didn't like cats?" He asks, and I stop petting her.

    "Funny. I don't like cats, but I like yours. I don't like men, but I like you.. I guess we all slip up sometimes." I shrug, knowing I used to avoid every boy I came in contact with.

    "How rude." He stops throwing the ball, and looks over to me.

    "It's not rude, it's honest. Do you expect me to lie?" I ask, and smirk. He leans forward in the chair, pressing his elbows to his knees as he stares at me.

    "I think I made a mistake inviting you over here." He smirks, and I thin my eyes.

    "Oh really?" I raise my eyebrows at him, and he gives a single nod as he leans back into the chair, throwing the ball again. "Then I guess I'll just..."  I stand up from the bed, and start walking to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow since I am no longer welcome he-" I start, but feel hands turning me around by my waist.

    "I don't think so." I look up at him and hold my hands up, not touching him. I look down, and rest my hands on his forearms softly, knowing if he was uncomfortable he would tell me. He looks down on me. "I don't want to see you tomorrow. I want to see you right now baby." He takes the tip of his finger, and touches the tip of my nose.

    "Why should I stay?" I challenge, and he leans forward, flipping my chin up

    "Because I'm asking you nicely... Pretty please." He speaks softly, and I smile, watching his lips turn up into a soft smile. He leans forward softly, and kisses me just the same, making me smile as he does. "I need to shower, but you can stay in here while I do." He tells me softly, and I nod, moving back to the bed as he moves to his bathroom door. "I'll be quick." He promises, and I nod. I throw myself back down, lifting my phone up, going through instagram and passing the time as I hear the water running in his bathroom. About ten minutes passes, and the water turns off. He walks out with a towel around his waist, and then to me.

    "Can you reach into that drawer and grab me a shirt, I forgot to grab one." He asks softly. I nod, and pull the drawer open. I grab a plain white shirt, and toss it towards him, watching him catch it. He closes the bathroom door again, and opens up the door once more, wearing sweats, and a shirt, his hair wet, and curling at the ends. I see him look at himself in the mirror. I turn to the side hearing his phone buzzing on his desk. "Can you grab that and just put it on speaker for me?" He asks. I get up, and slide on the call, putting it on speaker. The number wasn't one he had saved but I answer it anyway, and move back to the bed.