30.

Oh, I feel my body shaking.
No hope is kept alive.
The fear of losin more than just my mind.

~This is what anxiety feels like by Clinton Kane~

HARRY'S POV:

    I sit down on Hallie's couch, and Mason sits across from me. It feels like for some reason he hasn't stopped looking at me all night, glaring at me. We all went out earlier, hung out at Chesney's, and then came back to Hallie's house. I had no intention of actually joining them, but Carson called and invited me when I was with Sterling, and she insisted I went. She said "I don't want you pushing all of them away because of me. If they're trying to be your friend then let them be your friend." Which personally makes no sense to me. Considering she's kind of doing the same thing.

    "Do you guys want to watch something?" Hallie asks, pulling the remote up as she plops down on the couch, sitting right next to Carson.

    "I'm fine with whatever." I smile, and look back forward, still feeling Mason's eyes on me. Everyone nods and agrees, not caring what goes on the television except Mason who stays silent.

    "Mason? Anything to add?" Claire jokes, and the tension is already built to the maximum potential because of the way he's acting.

    "Same." He speaks out, and I sigh as loud as humanly possible.

    "So.. When did we get tense here? What's going on?" Jake asks, not knowing the full situation between Mason and I. He looks between us, and Carson sits up?

    "Tension? What tension, there's no tension, let's watch TV. I like spongebob, do you guys like spongebob?" He quickly tries to change the subject completely.  He laughs, pushing the laughter, but quickly letting it die out as he sees the serious expression, and hears the lack of laughter throughout the group.

    "No there's definitely tension, and no matter what you turn on Mason won't be watching because he'll be watching Harry. What's your problem?" Claire speaks out, her voice defensive, and losing the calm nature it had before. She leans forward on the couch, and since she's met me she's been incredibly protective, and kind towards me. I know it has everything to do with Sterling, and nothing to do with me, but it's kind of her and I do appreciate it.

    "Nothing is my problem." He speaks out.

    "I'm the problem. I can go, it's not a big deal." I hold my hands up, wanting to diffuse the situation.

    "No. You're not leaving. We all want you here." Claire speaks out, and she tries to reach for me, but I stand up, moving back a bit so she can't touch.

    "It's fine really. I'm really not sure what the problem is, but I can just go. It's not a big deal." I tell them, and step back.

    "The problem is the fact that we were all fine together, and we all had fun hanging out all the time. None of us had heard from Sterling, and we were all fine. She was fine. Everything was fine, and now you're here, and you're lying to Sterling. You're making a mess for all of us, and none of us will have a chance to clean up your mistake when she finds out because she won't talk to any of us, and she'll think we were a part of it. We've all spent years building up relationships, and trust with her, and this is all going to be for nothing because you're being a selfish prick." Mason speaks out, more so spits his words, finally getting his words off of his chest.

    "Then I won't be part of this, and you can continue on like you were before I moved here. I don't really care. Everything's still fine." I wave my hands, and everyone is just staring.