26.

Just help me to speak slow,
Grip down my hips when I feel low.

STERLING'S POV:

"I'm doing my happy dance, come on dance with me." I wiggle, and move as I walk out of my house, him following behind. The air is soft today, warm, but still breezy. He's got his hands in his pockets, and a smirk on his lips. He continues to walk cooly, not dancing with me so I stop, and stand right in front of him.

"Harry Edward Styles, you better dance with me to the car or so help me god I will-"

"What are you going to do?" He crosses his arms over his chest and looks down at me, knowing he'll win this.

"I'll scream!" I threaten.

"Empty threats... A threat you make that you have no actual intention of fulfilling. A key parenting tool. Though most kids realize the tactic after a few years. They're used so you can get what you want, but they don't work when you're threatening someone smart." He raises a single eyebrow, and I stare at him. I take a second to evaluate the situation, figuring out the best way to go about this.. I decide to melt, and throw my head back.

"You ruin all the fun. All of it!" I start to turn away, but he puts his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him.

"We're having fun, you're just obnoxious." He laughs, and I try to pull away, but he keeps me here, right in the same spot, pressed against him as we walk.

"You're an asshole." I roll my eyes.

"But I love you."

"Love doesn't fix the fact that you won't dance with me." I look up at him, and we arrive at his car. He sighs, and pulls back from me. He stands in front of me, and lifts his hands, doing a little dance. I smile, and he looks back at me, his face completely unamused. "Thank you." I beam, and clasp my hands together in front of me.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes, and pulls me forward by the back of my head. He kisses my forehead, and then grabs his keys, walking around the car. We both get in, and he starts it, backing out, and I roll my window down.

*Play Hold Me Down by Yoke Lore*

"It's pretty outside..." I let my hand dangle outside the window, feeling the air whip around my hands, and my hair. I close my eyes, and feel it all.. This is the best summer i've ever had.. Even if I only have two friends. Even if I have my dad, Carson and Harry. This is all I need right now.

"It'll be prettier when we're in the water." He tells me, and I look over.

"You're sure you're okay with this? I mean, swimming, and-"

"It's just a lake that leads to a pool.. I like swimming too, and I love you. I'm finishing this adventure list with you... No matter what." He looks back forward, and I leave it at that as we drive. I close my eyes again, and let my hand flow out of the window to the sound of the music. He keeps one of his hands on the wheel, and the other is out of his window, doing the same as me.

After we finally get to the start of the trail. We get out together, and he holds the backpack for the two of us. He keeps his sunglasses on, and I have mine on too. The trail is set out, and he's apparently memorized how to get to the blue pool from looking at a map. Knowing him he probably looked once, and figured it out completely. We walk through the trails, and it's all a big reminder of how beautiful the place I live is.. The trees are tall, and strong, and the sun is high in the sky, peeking through the trees, casting light as well as shadows on us, and the ground we walk on.