10.

I want to go home.
                  And everytime I'm home,
                  I feel so alone.

HARRY'S POV:

    I run down the stairs of the house in record time, hair still somewhat wet from a shower.

    "Where are you-"

    "Gotta go, love you bye!" I kiss my mum's cheek quickly, and continue to run towards the door.

    "Where are you going!"

    "Sterling's house!" I yell, and close the door behind me, going straight towards the front door of the house. I knock quickly, not wanting to be late... I promised her I'd be here exactly at 11, meaning I have five minutes to spare. Her dad opens the door, and I smile, giving a short wave.

    "Come on in." He smiles back, and opens the door farther for me so I can walk in.

    "She's out back already?" I ask, and her dad shakes his head.

    "No, she's actually in her room still... I'm not sure if she's gotten out of bed yet. She had a rough night last night... I tried to check on her but she just wanted to be alone." He tells me, and I nod softly, wondering what happened after we looked at the stars... Was it something I did?

    "Do you think I should go home?" I ask, and he shakes his head.

    "I think if anyone is going to motivate her to get out of that bed, it's going to be you... She seems to enjoy spending time with you... At least I think she does." He tells me, and I look towards the stairs.

    "I'm guessing you want the treehouse built just as much as she does?" I ask, trying to keep the conversation going.

    "No, actually... I'm against that treehouse, but the longer this goes on the more I realize how much it's brought her back.. She's more herself now that she feels like she's got something to strive for, something she wants to work for." He tells me. "I'm happy she's found someone to help her as well." He speaks straight to me, and I nod.

    "I'm happy to help, even if it's from afar... She's a great friend." I tell him.

    "She may be one, but she needs a great friend as well... I know you don't understand it, but when Lee-"

    "I'm... I'm sorry sir... Uhm.. With all due respect I.. Well I want her to tell me about Lee. I don't know who he is but... but I'd rather her make the decision to trust me with that information.. I don't want to be rude, I just... I want her to tell me when she's comfortable doing so.." I tell him, happy I stopped him before he spouted something about Lee... I want her to do it.. She may never but I'd rather that be her choice.

    "Lee is her brother... But I appreciate you... That's not the type of character you'd see in a normal teenage boy like yourself.." He tells me.

    "Thank you sir." I find myself looking away. I'm not sure if it's embarrassment or nerves, or maybe even a mix.

    "And though I wasn't planning on it.. I am her dad, meaning I have to say it.. If you hurt my baby girl I will be forced into retaliation... I don't know what your intentions are, but I'm just warning you, they better be good... Pretty please, because I like you." He tells me, doing what I assume is the normal dad conversation that's had.

    "Oh.. I intend on friendship.. I.. Yeah." I tell him, knowing that it is my intention. I want a friend, but I know that there could be potential for more... I'm just not searching for more.. I don't want more than she will offer. I want what she will give, and I won't be greedy with what I take. He looks at me with a grin and a nod, obviously not believing me.