33.

So when it goes wrong
Then comes a song.
We've got spirit and I know you feel it.

~Spirit by Judah &The Lion.~

HARRY'S POV:

Sterling, and her dad went out today. Yes I did set it up, yes he knows the plan, and yes he has the exact same fears that I do. Lucky for me he shares the excitement and hope that this actually works out so that's why he agreed to help me.

I talked my mum into helping as well as Robin too. They all got food ready, and supplies for the treehouse too. Everyone is out in the backyard ready to help as needed, but Sterling will be in charge of all of it. I already warned all of them that there's a high chance of her running up to her room, and refusing to come down at all.

"Hey, is she going to-"

"Carson! Go back outside, the plan wont work if you're in here, and she comes home to see you standing in her living room." I swat at him, and he rolls his eyes.

"I was asking you if she'll be here soon or not because the food outside smells really good, and honestly I don't think I'll be able to wait much-" I turn him around and push him out the door, shaking me head as I do so.

"I don't know how you can think about food when I'm about to jeopardize my relationship again." I mumble.

"Well it's not my relationship... and I'm a nervous eater okay.. Shouldn't you know about stuff like that?" He asks, and I hear the front door start to unlock which sends my nerves haywire, and my anxiety through the roof.

I push Carson with all of my force outside, and I slam the sliding door closed behind me, pressing my weight against it as Sterling and Jason walk in. Sterling stands there, her hands full of shopping bags. She's frozen, looking at me as she holds a starbucks cup in her hand, coffee in it. Why is she drinking coffee?

"Um... Why are you standing at my backdoor? And why are you sweating?" She asks skeptically. Jason takes the coffee from her hand, and the shopping bags as well, and he nods his head towards me.

"Why don't you go find out?" He asks her, and as she starts stepping closer to me I instantly feel like throwing up. This was a bad idea. This was an awful idea, who thought of this? Who said this was a good plan? I.. Well I did.. Further proving my point that I'm a fucking idiot. I step forward so she can't get close to the backyard, and I take her hands.

"Is this that plan you were talking about? The one that might make me uncomfortable?" She asks, and you can hear the nerves, and uncertainty in her tone. I give a soft nod, and she wipes her hands on her jeans.

"Hey, just know that if you're uncomfortable it's okay. If you want to leave, if you want it all to stop we can. You are in charge today, it's all about you, and what you want... Just know that... and also know that I did this because at first I thought it would help, and you'd reach a few goals with it, and I had really really good intentions with it, I promise." I speak quickly, and she looks over my shoulder.

"At first? Well how do you feel now?" She asks.

"Incredibly stupid, and nervous..." I admit, not wanting to lie to her.

"Can I ask you something?" She speaks softly. I give her a nod, searching her eyes for any tells, but a soft smile breaks from her lips. "Why is Carson pressing his face against my backdoor?" She asks, and I whip my head around to see my idiot cousin making his face into a pancake against the sliding glass door.

"I swear I'm gonna..." I start towards the backdoor, and he scrambles away, running into the group of people. I start to back away, but Sterling had followed me. She's standing right next to me, sharing the same view as me, and I watch her while I panic.