𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷| 𝓡𝓮𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

Sitting by the edge of the cliff was Lucy, staring out into the distance as the sun began to set over the horizon. A gust of wind greets her by causing her hair to sway sporadically. This is exactly what she needed after her argument with the commander who knows-it-all earlier. Nothing could infuriate her more than that arrogant mech, who had the audacity to insult her which no one could even read his thoughts like she did.

She lets out a sigh before leaning back with her hands behind her for support as she took in the warm rays into her metal skin. Closing her eyes, allowing herself to wash away any anger that still lingered in her system by listening to the sounds that emanated throughout the desert. She drowned out any and every noise for a solid moment until she felt the ground beneath her shake slightly. There were heavy footsteps slowly approaching her which made her open her eyes and then she glances over her shoulder-pads to see Optimus.

"Hey Optimus." She greeted him and then turned to look forward, remaining in the same position.

"Mind if I sit beside you?"

She then pats the vacant spot beside her, politely inviting him to sit beside her. "Go ahead." Through the corner of her optic and sees Optimus sitting beside her with his legs now dangling off the edge of the cliff.

Neither of them said a word, instead they stared off into the distance silently admiring the horizon. The sun is already halfway down the desolate plains of Nevada, its skies adorning a breathtaking scarlet and orange hue.

"I'm sorry."

Optimus turns to stare down at her in bewilderment, obviously not expecting to hear an apology.

"I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you. I understand that blueberry is now your second-in-command and to be respected but— ugh! I genuinely can't stand his attitude." Lucy angrily crossed her arms and was glaring down the cliff with a pout on her features.

Optimus quirked a brow-ridge at her choice of words, particularly the new nickname she has for Ultra Magnus. "Your frustration is noted, however, Ultra Magnus needs time to adjust. I already made this clear with him and the same will apply to you: get along with each other."

Her frown deepened and had pursed her lips in response to those dreadful words, yet she didn't argue. It's not that she didn't want to get along with him, but the one trait that she couldn't stand about him was how controlling he is. Perhaps she should at least try...

Ultimately she sighed in defeat. "Fine. But if he says anything remotely rude to anyone- not just me. I won't hesitate to put him in his place."

"It would be wise to keep your personal conflicts within the confines of the base. I expect you and Ultra Magnus to set aside your problems while on missions, understood?" He advised with a stern tone, and watched as Lucy turned to face him and silently nodded.

Optimus gave her a curt nod before moving on with the next conversation he had in mind. "I've been made aware by Ratchet of your lack of rest."

She averted her optics and a sheepish smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Oh... uh, Ratchet told you, huh?"