𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷| 𝓛𝓮𝓰𝓪𝓬𝔂

"Is this what you learned from Alpha Trion?! I highly doubt that he would condone such irresponsible behavior." Ratchet tried so hard not to strangle their new recruit. It proved to be quite difficult to hold back his urge to whack him upside the head with the wrench that was nearby.

"Blowing your cover is not okay."

Ratchet couldn't have agreed more with Arcee.

Smokescreen frowned, not really enjoying being scolded at. "Sorry, guys. I know I really messed up."

"While Ratchet and Arcee are correct," All optics were now on Optimus, "I believe we are all equally responsible for this incident."

"Us?"

"How?"

"You weren't even there."

Everyone added in disbelief.

Optimus further explained, which ultimately led them to acknowledge the fact that they had, indeed, neglected to teach Smokescreen on how to properly act accordingly since he first arrived on earth.

Ratchet wouldn't really admit this aloud, being all too prideful about himself, so he kept his thoughts to himself.

"Optimus, I'm honored to train under you and will do whatever it takes to make things right, to make you proud." Smokescreen said, with a servo on his chest.

"Perhaps the best way for you to learn about the human world - is from a human." Optimus suggested.

Arcee raises a questionable brow. "Smokescreen gets his own partner?"

"Puh-lease! Isn't having three humans here enough?" Ratchet blurts out.

The silence that followed afterwards was excruciating to endure, especially when all eyes were on him. He knew the harshness of his words that had evidently slipped right out of his tongue, and he scoffed—groaning a second later as he turned his back to them.

Afterwards, Smokescreen departed with Jack, his human instructor. Right as they left, Arcee turns to say something to Optimus but she didn't get the chance to say a single word when a familiar voice made itself known.

"What's with all the noise about?"

Their attention was drawn to the entrance that led down the many hallways of the base, and there stood Lucy, who was still in her new form.

Ratchet steps away from the consoles, passing by the others where he now stood in front of her. His hand resting on her shoulder. "Lucy, how are you feeling?"

She sends him a reassuring gaze, resting her hand on top of his. "Yeah... I'm alright, Ratchet."