𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂| 𝓐𝓵𝓹𝓱𝓪 𝓞𝓶𝓮𝓰𝓪 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓗𝓪𝓻𝓭 𝓚𝓷𝓸𝓬𝓴𝓼

All she could do was observe and listen in on their conversation. It wasn't long before Optimus was out of his trance and from the looks of it was quite exhausted. Afterwards, he tells the others about the message.

"It is paramount that we recover the final four iacon relics. The Omega Keys."

"Keys?" Arcee questions, with Ratchet following up.

"To what?"

"To the regeneration of our home planet."

A ghost of a smile graced her lips, looking on in silence. She's genuinely happy for them, it's what they've always longed for after years of constant war right at their doorstep. Yet she couldn't help but feel heavy-hearted.

There were many conflicting emotions, albeit for all the understandable reasons. She had grown attached to them in the span of months. They held a special place in her spark and to watch them leave suddenly breaks her into tiny pieces.

Everyone else was scattered throughout the room, expressing their delight in returning home, meanwhile, Lucy hadn't moved from her spot for what felt like ages. She was lost in her thoughts, so much so that she hadn't noticed Optimus approaching her.

"Lucy,"

She perked up and looked up to meet his gaze.

"I'd like to speak with you in private."

She stared at him, wide-eyed, slowly nodding and he motions for her to follow him. Pushing herself off the wall and following right behind him until they arrived at the training area. Not knowing exactly as to why he wanted to speak to her suddenly made her feel nervous. She was shifting from where she stood and watched Optimus turn to face her. The silence that hung between them was nerve wracking, so she decided to break it.

"So, uh... what is it that you wanted to talk about?" She kept averting her gaze nervously.

"I was wondering if you would like to spar with me?"

She froze and was staring at him in disbelief. "Spar... wait, really? You must be pulling my leg, right?"

He sends her a quizzical look. "Why would I pull on your leg?"

"What—no. It's a... never mind." She waves her hand dismissively. "But, are you sure? To spar, I mean."

"I don't see why it shouldn't. Besides, I've been meaning to take you under my wing for quite some time." His revelation keeps surprising her as he went on, "That is why I brought you here. I would like to test your full strength in battle."

She flinched, "What? My strength—no. I can't, Optimus. I—" Her breath hitched, as memories of the event flashes before her eyes, to which she balls her hands into tight fists. "I don't want to hurt you..."