𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷| 𝓕𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

The smell of caffeine dulled her senses; her eyes were fixated on the table in front of her. The steam from the coffee grace against her face as if it was persuading her to wake up from her trance. A yawn escapes her lips, rubbing her eyes with the insides of her palms, and then she took a sip of her coffee. It tasted bitter, but it also had a hint of vanilla flavoring to it. It was her only source of warmth inside these cold hospital walls.

None of her coworkers resided inside the break room—alone. She didn't mind at all - she's used to it. It reminded her of when she used to work at the Library with Rikona. The atmosphere was calming which was the opposite of working in a hospital.

The nurses are the busiest and are always tending to the care of patients before informing the doctors, such as her, about any problems that could occur. There are times when paramedics would come by and drop off patients who are injured, ill, etc. And there are some occasions where volunteers would help around the building. Interns and medical students are always seen around the halls. These are just everyday tasks that go around inside this building.

She took another sip of her coffee, leaving nothing behind other than the foam that had stained itself inside the rim of the cup. The taste lingered in her mouth, but this was nothing compared to what she's been feeling. She felt exhausted, not just physically but emotionally as well.

Then the jingle of her phone caught her attention. Her eyes drifted down to the table where her phone was, she swiped the screen with her index finger. It was a message from Miko, it read:

Hey... You busy?

She types in her reply: Why? Is something on your mind?

Two minutes went by when she received another message.

Do you think you can drop by at the base?

She stood up from her seat, swinging her small grunge backpack over her shoulder. Then she threw away her coffee at a nearby trash can. She exited the break room walking down the hallway while at the same time typing on her phone, she pressed send: I'm on my way. It was a brief message but enough to reassure the teen that she was coming.

Lucy hurried on out through the sliding doors of the entrance and walks over to her car. She hops inside, the engines roar to life as she drives out of the parking lot and heads down the road.

The journey towards the base was quiet, there was no music playing aside from the hum of the car when it was in motion, it's like you could have heard a pin drop. The gust of cold air from the ac was causing her fingers to go numb, and a tingling sensation like pins and needles would follow suit. This didn't bother her - - It was fine, she kept repeating these words to herself until she reached the base.

She closes the door to her vehicle before making her way up the steps. Her gaze drifted towards the empty couch, a quizzical look forming on her face. Where in the world is Miko? She pulls out her phone and right when she was about to press the call button, a voice called out to her. She perked up and looks over her shoulder towards the main monitors to see Optimus staring at her.