𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷| 𝓢𝓾𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓔𝓷𝓼𝓾𝓮𝓼

There was a heavy crunch of dirt as he was walking through the dense forest searching for something—for someone. His footsteps abruptly stopped. There was a moment of silence and the sounds of leaves crashing against each other echoed throughout the area. A sudden gust had brushed against his armor, almost like something was crawling underneath the layers of his metal.

He'd been searching for her since her departure. It's like she disappeared from the face of the earth. The thought of her not being with them anymore had caused him to feel bitter. So much, in fact, that it has not only affected him negatively, it was beginning to cause a problem towards those around him. His emotions were getting the best of him.

Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by someone contacting him via comm-link; it was Optimus. He had reached out to him, wanting to know how his search was going.

"There hasn't been a single sign of her." Ratchet glumly said.

"Don't give up, old friend. We will find her eventually." Optimus reassured but this wasn't enough to ease the field medic.

Ratchet shook his head. "Optimus, it's been two days since we lost contact with her. The overwhelming power of the relic is preventing us from finding her! I'm... I'm beginning to wonder that maybe...she doesn't want to be found. Not after what we put her through that day."

"Whatever caused her to react the way she did is unknown." Optimus clarified to Ratchet whom remained silent. "I advice you return to base, old friend. You've been exerting yourself since her sudden departure. I know you mean well in finding her but we need you here Ratchet. Don't oppress yourself from this, because it's not your fault."

Ratchet was about to argue but he hesitated to do so. He knew deep down that Optimus had a point. He was still the medic of the team, yet here he was, aimlessly searching for someone that couldn't be found while at the same time he was neglecting his position as the medic.

"I'll be sending a Ground Bridge to your coordinates," Optimus informed, leaving Ratchet alone with his thoughts.

The sun had begun to slowly disappear halfway down over the horizon, a beam of light reflected right onto him. It felt warm, not harsh enough to make him squint. All he could do was stare off into the distance longingly. He sucked in the air and lets it out as his shoulder-pads visibly slumped forward. Then a couple of seconds later the sound of the vortex swirling behind him could be heard.

Ratchet turns to take a few steps towards where the vortex awaited him. However, he stopped abruptly and turns his head over his shoulder-pad to stare at the horizon where the sun had finally set and was staring off at the now magenta skies. With one final gaze at the sky as he proceeds to walk through the Ground Bridge. On the other side Ratchet had arrived at the main room of the base yet there was no other autobot nor human present, except for Optimus.

Optimus welcomes him back and Ratchet simply shakes his head in acknowledgement and then walks past him and headed straight towards the med bay where he immediately began to use the monitors. The prime had a visible frown form on his face and was staring off to where Ratchet was before resuming back to what he was doing.