𝓣𝔀𝓸| 𝓤𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

A week Later 

      The sun peeked through the horizon, a cold breeze swept across her face. Lucy had woken up early to watch the sunrise, it's orange colors greeted the skies that were accompanied by a warm rose pink. She smiled at the scene through her bedroom window, it opened outwards as she greeted the rays of the sun with her slightly pale skin along with her freckles. Closing the windows, Lucy exited her room and made her way down the stairs. She slipped on a cyan color converse while on the opposite side of her hands: she held her house keys and her phone. The rest of her clothing was over the knee light blue pants, with a medium sized cyan colored sweater, and underneath was a white-collar shirt that is stitched together with the sweater.

Exiting her home, she strolled down the sidewalk and noticed a familiar figure from afar. It was Raf, waiting on the other side of the road for the sign to turn green for him to be able to cross. As the boy made it to the other side she walked up to him and greeted him, "Good morning Raf."

His face transformed into a kind of joy that she will never forget. Raf gave her a quick hug, and in response, she patted his spiky hair gently, "Lucy! Morning to you too.", he chimed, cheerfully. She giggled at the cute sight before her, "How has school been treating you lately? Anything new happening?", the boy simply shook his head as they walked beside each other.

Lucy accompanied Raf in front of the school entrance, where he sped up the stairs. He abruptly stopped mid-step, swiftly turning around as he now faced her. "Thank you for your company, Lucy.", she smiled warmly at him, "You're most welcome, Raf.", with that, the boy left leaving a content looking girl behind. 'I'm glad we both meet.'

As she was about to turn around, the girl accidentally bumped into someone. Their books fell onto the floor, papers scattered across the pavement. Lucy covered her mouth with both hands, gasping softly at the mess she made, "Oh! I'm sorry! I should have been more careful about where I go.", the brown haired teens gaze landed onto her, a sincere smile appearing on his lips, "Hey, don't worry about it. Accidents happen."

She shook her head as she kneeled down to the floor, gathering up the fallen papers, "Nonsense! I should have been more attentive to where I was going.", once the items had been gathered she stood up, handing it over to the teen. She lowered her head apologetically with her hands clasped against the other onto her chest. "I'm truly sorry for my clumsiness."

He simply smiled, kindly. "Don't sweat it. Besides, we all have our imperfect moments.", Lucy's expression softens releasing a sigh. "Say, do you attend school here? I never saw you before.", he asked curiosity filled his voice.

She blinked before shaking her head. "No. I graduated high school long ago.", Lucy outstretched her right hand to the boy, "My name is Lucy. A pleasure to meet you!", he gladly accepted her hand, shaking it. "Jack. Jack Darby, it's nice to meet you, Lucy.", he raised his brow as he proceeded to ask her something, "Hey, aren't you Raf's friend?"

"I am. You are one of his friend too right? You must've been the one calling him from time to time when he was with me.", Lucy pulled a strand of hair that hung around her neck, as she moved it over her ear. He nodded in response, "You were the one who defended him from Vince.", her eyes widen slightly, 'Raf must have told him.', She nodded, "Yes. That boy won't be snooping around for quite a while now."