𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓽𝔀𝓸| 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓴

Alarms were blaring and the hallways were swarming with Decepticons as they made their way towards the lower deck of the warship. Thankfully, there were only a few wandering where they were headed and those unlucky ones to cross their path were quickly disposed of.

She kept an even pace with him once he had relayed crucial information to the rest of Team Prime into their shared comm-link. She was relieved to hear the sound of their voices again. This further fueled her resolve to secure the Omega Lock from the decepticons—to protect her home and the people she cared most.

They gradually switched pacing, opting for stealth more than anything, not wanting to risk being spotted and jeopardizing their element of surprise. She and Ratchet rounded the corner with caution and there stood two decepticons' guarding the door to the control station. Before she had a chance to react, Ratchet had already summoned both blades and then rushed over, taking them down without a problem.

"Ratchet, Ratchet!" She whispered, yelled and right as he was about to walk through those doors she yanked him back. "I'm not letting you face this on your own."

Ratchet gave her a look, of course he would. Like she hadn't noticed his not so subtle actions in keeping her from harm's way, taking down any Decepticon that was unfortunate enough to cross his path.

Her features soften, "It's very sweet of you to protect me, really, but at this moment two heads are better than one." For a brief moment she saw him glance down at her mended injury and then back at her. She was pleasantly surprised when he bobbed his head in acknowledgment.

Stepping inside there was a large dome shaped room and attached to the walls were large cylinders that were gradually being filled with synthetic energon. Ratchet was the first one to spot Shockwave working diligently on the control panels to the Omega Lock.

He looks over his shoulder, whispering loud enough for her to hear. "I will draw his attention away from the panel. You will remain hidden behind the cylinders and strike when you see an opening."

Lucy wordlessly sneaks behind the cylinders and keeps stride with Ratchets' as he begins to approach the Decepticon.

"Shut it down, Shockwave." Ratchet demands, catching the attention of the one-eyed Decepticon as he makes his way over, blades at the ready. "I can not allow you to harm Earth."

"The planet will not be harmed. Only its indigenous life forms." Shockwave blatantly corrects him which only fueled Ratchets' resolve.

"Over my sparkless husk. Aah!"

As they were exchanging blows she had gotten close enough and peers around the corner. It pained her to see Ratchet being vastly overpowered by Shockwave's greater and more brutal fighting skills. Her fingers twitched each time Ratchet would receive a pummeling. As much as it hurt her she had to wait until Shockwave let his guard down.

For what seemed like an agonizingly long time, Shockwave had thrown Ratchet towards the cylinder next to her. She had to watch as Ratchet slumped forward grunting from the pain. She almost—almost blew her cover when Shockwave pointed that massive cannon of his at Ratchet. Until the panel gave a short, high-pitched sound, turning away and approaching the controls.