Chapter 33 [Julie & Liam]

[JULIE]:

I woke up to someone jumping on my bed. I glanced at my alarm clock and saw that it was only 9 AM. I've had a good night's sleep but I'm lazy today. I groaned and covered my face with a pillow. Who cares about who's jumping on my bed? I don't.

"JUWEE!!! WAKE UP!!", a childlike boy voice chirped. I smiled at myself and got up. "Jacob!", I squealed and moved to hug my 7-year-old brother. "Why are you up so early?", I asked. "'Cause I slept early last night!", he answered while jumping up and down. Whoa, this kid is so energetic. "Mommy's also awake since he's planning about my 8th Birthday party in a few days!", he squealed.

My eyes widened. Oh, crap. I'm an awful sister. All this time, I forgot about Jacob's Birthday. Nice Jules, nice. Well, it's still in a few days. You'll have enough time to buy a present. Just take a 2-hour drive to Fifth Avenue in Manhattan then look for some awesome present.

"That's awesome!", I said all enthusiastic. "Now, let's go!", he said. "Mommy and Daddy are having breakfast!" I nodded. "Just let me get dressed, okay?", I said. He nodded and ran out of my room. He was screaming something about being Batman. I smiled. He loves Batman, Liam loves Batman, they'd get along so well.

I took a shower then put on a sleeveless, pink, flowy top and a pair of black shorts. I matched these with gladiator sandals. It's a typical morning attire for me. Even though, it's starting to get cold in NYC. I didn't bother. Winter won't start till next month.

I walked out of my room to the garden where we have breakfast. I could hear laughter so maybe they were all up. But I was wrong. It was just My parents and Jacob. They're up early. No boys, no Eleanor. They're still sleeping.

"Morning mom, morning dad.", I smiled. They still look the same. The last time I saw them was 2 months ago, before I left for London. "Morning Julietta," they both said. I sat with them for breakfast and then came our Japanese nanny, Nanami.

"Asa no, Nanami!", I greeted. It meant, "Morning Nanami!" in Japanese. She wasn't really good with English but she understands. Just make sure you have no accent or she'll go all crazy. "Anata wa chōshoku ni nani o shitaidesu ka?", she asked. She was asking for what I wanted for breakfast. "Nanika.", I said which was "Anything" in Japanese. She nodded and went to the kitchen.

"So how's college life?", Dad asked me. "It's going great," I said. "I starred in a major play a few weeks ago and sang in the variety show." They smiled. "I'm so proud of you, dear.", mom said. "You've always loved this since you were a child."

"It's my dream, mom.", I said. "I'll do anything for it." She nodded. "I know you will," she said. "And that makes you a star." I love my mom. She has always been the one to believe in me. I feel so blessed to have her in my life.

"Now, your father and I were planning on telling you this with Jared but sadly, he's still in Stanford so..." she started. ".. we are having a business trip to Chicago. We've already finished planning Jacob's 8th Birthday party which will be held in the Plaza Hotel in a few days. The details are with Nanami and she'll take you and your friends there. We leave tomorrow, the moment Jared arrives from Stanford so we can have your older brother in charge in case of emergencies."

I frowned. I mean, I didn't see that coming. My parents do a business trip in Chicago even though it's supposed to be vacation and family time. Oh, well. That's okay. But wouldn't it suck that they'll miss Jacob's 8th Birthday? Darn.

"What about Jacob?", I asked. "It's his Birthday in a few days! You can't miss it!" My parents didn't tense. "We'll be back the night before his Birthday," dad answered. "We wouldn't miss our youngest son's 8th Birthday. That's make us pathetic parents!" I smiled. I love my parents. They're willing to leave business trips early just for us.