Chapter 50 [Julie & Liam]

[JULIE]:

The whole car ride back to London was silent. None of us were speaking. Liam leaving earlier made it harder for me to decide on what to choose. I hate it. I hate being in these kinds of positions.

He would often glance at my direction. But I refused to look at him, I just kept staring at the window. If I look him in the eye, I knew I would just break down into tears.

We finally arrived in campus, Thank God. I was about to run to my room when he grabbed me by my wrist. I had no choice. I was forced to turn and face him. I met his eyes and I tried so hard not to lose my strength again.

"Julie," he said. "please talk to me." A tear slid down. I shook my head. I just really needed to think. "Liam," I croaked. "I need some time to think. Please don't make this harder for me."

With that, I ran to my room and broke down.

*********************************************************************************************************************

[LIAM]:

I'm such an idiot. I just blurted it out. I didn't even explain anything more. Then, I made it harder for her to decide.

In all honesty, I just want her to stay here. As selfish as that may sound, I do. I want to keep going with this tour, knowing that she's waiting for me right here. When I come home, we'll be happy and we'll be together always

"Hey mate!", Harry entered the room 2 hours later. Rehearsals (I skipped) was done. "Did she buy it?", I asked. "Did she believe you?" The lads nodded. "Susan freaked out," Louis answered. "but she says you need to get better." They all gathered around the couch.

"So," Zayn started. "How'd it go?" They all turned to me with eager faces. I sighed and told them everything. In the end, they all had frowns on their faces. "That sucks," Niall said. "But she's coming back right?" I shook my head. "After the tour," I added. "She gets a scholarship to New York University. Idina Menzel's alma matter." They were all shock.

"I don't want her to go," I admitted. "WHAT?", Louis yelped. "WHY NOT?" I shook my head. "I know," I said. "I'm selfish but I don't want her to go away and leave me." Louis shook his head. "She's not leaving you," he said. "She's just gonna be in the other side of the world all the time." I sighed. "Not helping, Lou...", I said. He just shrugged.

"Wait," Harry said. "Julie's confused on what to do, right?" I nodded. "Then why don't you let her come on tour with us?", he said. "She can be our opening act!" I looked at him confused. I don't get what's the relation or what it can do to solve the problem.

"Think about it," he said. "Julie loves performing and being an opening act for One Direction's a big deal. There's always big names in every concert. They'll see how talented Julie is and they'll want to cast her. Not only does she benefit, she gets to be with you all the time. It's a win-win!" We all thought about it and it seemed like a good idea.

"That's brilliant," Niall said. Zayn and Louis nodded in agreement. "I'll talk to Susan about our opening act," Harry said. We all nodded. "Now," Louis added. "You have to talk to Julie about this." I nodded. "Yeah," I said. "but right now, she wants me to give her space."

*********************************************************************************************************************

[JULIE]:

A FEW DAYS LATER..

I haven't spoken to Liam for days. I just needed time to think. If I take the offer, then I'll have to leave in 3 weeks. The same time as Liam. But I'm going to America. He's just gonna tour around till September. I, on the other hand, am never coming back. I'm gonna continue my sophomore year in New York University so I'll have better Broadway oppurtunities. I didn't know what to do, or what to choose. It made things harder for me to decide.

Should I take the role in Wicked, or not?

"JULIE!", Nessy yelled. "Huh?", I snapped out of my thinking mode. "What?", I asked. "Are you okay?", she asked. "You've been acting off all day." I shook my head. "Just thinking," I answered. "Is this about the Wicked thing and Liam?", she asked. I nodded.

"I don't know!", I blurted. "I wanna take it and at the same time, I don't. If I do, I'll be away from Liam and it'll be harder to see him. If I don't take it, I'm throwing away something I've been dreaming of since I was a little girl! I don't know anymore, I'm so confused!" I was teary eyed in the end so I sat on the couch and covered my face. Nessy sat beside me and patted me on my back.

"If I was in your position," she started. "I'd feel the same. Back then, I'd go for career but then I met Alex. Now, I would be torn between dreams and love. I totally get you." I looked at her. She gave me a sympathetic smile. "Now," she said. "What does your heart tell you?" I shrugged. "Okay then," she added. "Close your eyes and picture yourself 15 years from now." And I did as I was told.

But I didn't see any stage or theater audience. I saw myself in a white gown. My father beside me. The area was lush and bright and it felt like home. Then it occurred to me that I was in Liam's backyard. We were walking towards an area full of people.

When they saw us, they all stood up with smiles on their faces. I saw Nessy, Nicola, Ruth and Eleanor at the side of an aisle. They had really huge smiles on their faces. There was a priest on the center of the aisle. There was a boy, whose back was turned, beside the aisle.

When we were near, I caught a glimpse of Karen and my mom. They were both crying. I felt my father's grip around my arm loosen so I took one last look around. I saw a lot of people who I've known my entire life. My father finally let my arm go and I was beside the boy in the tux. He turned to face me with a smile on his face.

It was Liam.

"Whoa," I muttered as I opened my eyes. I think I knew now what my heart wanted. "You okay?", Nessy asked. I nodded and slowly said, "I-I think I made my decision."