Chapter 20 [Liam]

Day 3 in West Side Story rehearsals. The role given to me was a Jet named Snowboy. He has a some lines but I was able to deal with it. Right now, the Jets (which means including me) were being taught the choreography needed in the play by a senior student named Edgar Rodriquez.

People in this school are really serious about this play. They're letting the students do the work. Our director is a senior student named Mittchel Black. The fashion students were in charge of our hair, make-up and costume. The music/theatre/acting business class is in charge of the backstage, lights and those kinds of stuff. Our choreographers are seniors too.

Mostly, I noticed that the seniors are in charge of the heavy job. Thank God, I didn't have college for 2 years so I'm still stuck in my freshman year.

"1, 2, 3, 4!", Edgar yelled and we began dancing. I have to admit, it was kind of pressuring since we were going to start the scene.

The beginning was a small musical number with a little dance with the Sharks to show our rivalry. Edgar told us that we'll rehearse on our own first then we'll merge with the Sharks.

I have to admit. I never knew broadway was this hard. Well, what do they expect? I'm from a boyband. All we do is goof around. The broadway people are so sophisticated and focused.

"STOP THE MUSIC!", Edgar snapped his fingers. We all stopped doing our half-dance. "Did I say stop dancing?!", he snapped. "But there's no music.", Harry said. "Then do counting curly!", Edgar demanded. I looked at Harry and he looked down. Edgar kept counting and we kept doing our half-dance.

After about 30 minutes of practice, Edgar called for break and so Alex, Harry, Niall, Zayn and I sat on the side of the stage. We didn't have any class, our class is West Side Story. That's right, students involved in the play are excused from classes. This school is so strange yet dedicated.

"Where's Louis?", Zayn asked. "He's not a Jet remember. He chose the role of Doc.", Niall explained. We all nodded.

"YOU'RE DOING FABULOUS!", we heard Mittchel yell. We all turned and saw Ana Sandoval, a junior girl who plays Anita, slapping and hitting Julie while Julie was covering herself. I was about to yell at her to stop and run to Julie but Alex stopped me. "You can't stop them Liam," he said. "they're in character. This is the scene where Anita asks Maria how she can love a guy like Tony."

"Oh," was all that came out of my mouth. So they were just acting. How stupid of me.

After a few more hours, rehearsals for the day have come to an end. Today, we started practicing "The Jet Song", "Gee, Officer Krupke" and some musical dances. Ms. Russo came by at lunch and told us that we, the Jets, needed to harmonize our voices properly.

"Hey guys, dinner?", Louis offered. We all nodded. "Liam, go and call Julie, Nessy and Alex would 'ya?", Zayn said. "Alright," I said. I turned around and saw Julie, Nessy and Alex getting their stuff from the theatre seats. "JULIE! ALEX!", I called. "VANESSA!" I smirked at the last part. Nessy shot daggers at me.

They walked towards us and Nessy hit me in the head. "Never," she started. "Ever! Call me Vanessa!", she growled. "Vanessa?", Alex said. "Why Ness? It's a very beautiful name." I looked at Nessy. She looked down and blushed at Alex's words. Ooohh. I smirked.

"Yeah Liam?", Julie asked. "We wanted you to join us for dinner," I started. "We were all going to Nando's." Julie looked at Alex and Nessy. They both nodded. "Okay.", she said. Then her phone rang. She had a text, she read it then turned to all of us. "Is it okay if Rene joins us?", she asked. Ugh. French boy again.