Chapter 39 [Julie & Liam]

[LIAM]:

2 DAYS LATER...

"Liam!", I heard Zayn yell from the door. "Wake up! You need to eat!" I groaned and got up. After the incident from 2 days ago, the lads, El, Alex and Nessy have been taking turns to keep an eye on me.

Thank God, Julie didn't know about my situation. For the past few days, she and Jared were busy with the last minute arrangements of Jacob's party so they weren't around much. Last night, Harry told me that he volunteered that we perform 2 songs in the party.

Now, they're making me pull myself together so I can be ready to perform tomorrow in the party tomorrow. I'm just too depressed to feel anything right now. I can't stand the truth of Graham and Julie being together.

 I opened the door and Zayn and Alex entered. Zayn was carrying a tray full of pancakes whilst Alex was carrying two bottles of 2L organic orange juice. They set it down on the table and I just sat on the bed.

"C'mon, Liam!", Zayn said. "It's been 2 days! You need to get out of the room. It's Jacob's party tomorrow!" I groaned again. Zayn rolled his eyes. "We hate you seeing you like this, man.", Alex said. "You need to go out and see the light."

"We also need to practice for the party tomorrow," Zayn added. I groaned again. "You guys sing without me!", I said. "But if you're not there, it's just Harry, Niall, Zayn and Louis," Zayn said. "it's not One Direction." I sighed. Oh, well. I can't just stay here and weep forever. Oh, wait. Yes, I can! But if I do, they're gonna drag the lads and they'll all drag me out. "Fine," I said. "I'll fix myself." Zayn and Alex beamed then high-fived each other.

I only ate half of one pancake but they locked the door and made sure I had put more in my system. I ate 2 pancakes in the end and had 3 glasses of orange juice. Then, they made me take a shower and dress up. I just put on a shirt and some shorts. Who cares anyway?

I got out of the room. I was escorted by Alex and Zayn. They said that we were gonna rehearse in the living room. The moment the lads, Nessy and El saw me, they all had weird smiles on their faces. I just shrugged it off. It's probably because I finally got out of my room after 2 days.

"Well...", Alex started as Nessy got up. "We should go.." So they aren't staying, aye? Probably some alone time since they just started dating. "Where are you guys going?", El asked. "Aren't you watching the lads rehearse?" They both shook their heads. "Actually...", Nessy started and she eyed me nervously. "Graham called last night and asked if we wanted to go bowling.."

My blood ran cold at the mention of Graham Phillips. The lads and El looked at me. I forced a smile since this wasn't Alex and Nessy's fault. It wasn't Julie's either, or bloody Graham Phillips's. I gave Alex and Nessy a nod so they bid their goodbyes and left the guest house.

I sat on the fluffy couch while the rest sat on the bigger couch. El told us that she'll be in the swimming pool while we rehearse since she didn't want to disturb us. We all nodded and started on our rehearsal for our performance tomorrow at Jacob Watson's party.

"So," Harry started. "what songs should we sing?" The lads and I began to think for a moment. "How about 'What Makes You Beautiful'?", Louis suggested. Zayn shook his head. "How about 'LWWY'?", he said. "'One Thing'!", Niall chirped. "'Forever Young'?", Harry said. They all started brainstorming while I just sat there, looking out the window.

Seriously, I'm doing my best to think and help them but my mind's only saying one thing at a time and they're all related. It just keeps going all: Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie. Julie and Graham. Julie and Graham. Julie and Graham. Julie and Graham. Julie and Graham. Julie and Graham. Julie and Graham. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

"Ehh... Liam??", Harry said. "Oh, huh?", I snapped back to reality. "What do you think?", he asked. "Got any suggestions?" I shook my head. The boys groaned and whined. "C'mon, Li!", Niall said. "There's got to be some song you want to sing. Maybe, you'd want to dedicate to Julie or something? In that way, it's like you're telling her how you truly feel about her." I sighed and said, "Let me think." They all nodded.

That gave me an idea. I covered my face with my hands and let myself go back to memory lane. What was one thing I regret the most? Simple. I regret not telling Julie how I really felt earlier. Now, she's with someone else. I've had many chances to have her but I was so dumb and it hurt that I never noticed them. If only I could turn back time, and tell her how I really feel then maybe everything would be okay.

What am I feeling right now? Hurt. Pain. Heartbreak. It's killing me. Why? Simple. I've loved Julie for a long time, even before she met Graham. I know I've hurt her so many times but I never knew and I didn't mean them. Now, I had the chance to tell her how I really feel. I'm too late. That's what really hurt. I was about to tell her, only to find out that someone's already taken her.

And with those thoughts, a light bulb suddenly popped on my head. I removed my hands from my face and looked up. The lads were all looking at me. I forced a smile.

"Lads," I said. "I think I have the perfect two songs." They all smiled. "What?", Zayn asked. "'I Should've Kissed You' and 'Loved You First'," I answered. The lads nodded in agreement. "I like it!", Niall beamed. I shot him a grateful smile. "WOO!", Louis cheered. "Liam's back!" Each of the lads gave me a pat on the back. "So we gonna rehearse or what?", Harry asked. "Yeah!", Niall grabbed his guitar. "Ready? Let's do it!"

He started strumming and we started singing. I closed my eyes and felt the song. These are all for Julie.

************************************************************************************************************

[JULIE]:

2 DAYS EARLIER..

"So Liz can't come?", I frowned as Graham walked me to the door and carrying my shopping bags for me as I carried Jacob. Graham shook his head. "She can come to the party!", he said. "She'll just be fashionably late since Avan got food poisoning and they had to reschedule filming her scenes." Oh, yay! Liz can come! I can't wait to see her!

We stopped at the door but before I left, I turned to Graham one last time. "Thank you so much for today," I said. "It was a pleasure," he answered. "but you still owe me if I'm right!" He winked. I rolled my eyes and laughed. He's still on with the Liam feeling something for me as more than a friend. "You don't have much proof yet," I remarked. "Oh, whatever.", he smirked. He just doesn't want to give away a hundred bucks. Weenie!

"Well," I said. "I should go. Liam's on his way up. I love you." Graham smiled. We say that often but it was the brother-sister kind of love. Graham and I were that close. Saying "I love you" is so casual for us. "I love 'ya too!", he chirped. I opened the door and I immediately saw Liam. Oh, he's here already! I smiled at him.

"Hi Liam!", Graham chirped. Liam smiled slightly and waved. He looks pale and tired. Maybe, his sickness got back, or he was just exhausted after a long day at 5th Avenue? "I-I'll carry him," Liam croaked. I was reluctant in handing him Jacob since he really looked tired, but I did anyway. I'm that idiotic. Graham handed me my shopping bags. "Thank you," I hugged him and he kissed my cheek. "Night guys!", Graham said so Liam and I made our way to the elevator.

He was really quiet the whole time and he looked like he was about to cry or something. He must be really tired. "You okay, Li?", I asked. He nodded. Lie. He's not okay, he's exhausted. "Rest," I said. "we had a really long day." His eyes were glassy but he smiled, "Yup. You have no idea how long."

When we arrived in Long Island, 2 hours later. Liam handed Jacob to Henry, who carried him to his room. Liam must be really exhausted since he rushed to the guest house. I'll just leave him be. He needs to get better in time for Jacob's party.

I bid the boys and El good night then went to my room. I changed into my pajamas and head straight to bed. Before falling asleep, my mom called and told me that Jared and I have to go to Manhattan tomorrow to see the room for Jacob's party being set up. I told her that we would and they told me they'd be back 2 days from now. The night before the party.

I started to think that maybe we should get One Direction to sing for us, even just 2 songs. I should ask them that tomorrow. I hope they say yes. I started thinking of the plans for the party some more until my eyelids became a li'l bit heavy then I fell asleep.