Chapter 21

Tell me something, tell me something
You don't know nothing, just pretend you do
I need something, tell me something new
Choose your words 'cause there's no antidote
For this curse
Oh, what's it waiting for?
Must this hurt you just before you go?

                                      -Harry Styles

Reed's POV

I welcome the harsh heat of the hot running water as I step into the shower.

The bathroom looks like a sauna with the thick steam filling the entire space because I let the shower run for a while before I got in, and the water is probably hot enough to take off some of my skin, but I don't care; the temperature is doing wonders to the knots I had in parts of my being that I didn't know existed.

Harry left my room a while ago to attend to Isabella. I would have followed him but I didn't have it in me to pretend I was ok in front of her, so when Harry insisted he could handle her on his own, I didn't put up much of a fight; or even fight at all.

I also needed some time to myself to just breathe.

The problem with being by myself is that I can get lonely. When I do get lonely, my mind starts to open up the floodgates of things that I have tucked away to the furthest back of it.

So after waiting for Harry for what felt like hours, I decided to take a shower; because I felt sweaty and sticky and it took up less energy than thinking would.

Or so I thought.

One look at my reflection and I cracked.

My dreadful appearance was a clear indication of what I was trying to ignore.

The events of the last twelve hours all came rushing in and I simply crashed under the weight.

My skin still crawls at the memory of his hands all over me and I can't help but quiver when I remember his menacing smirk.

Harry moaned again, circling his hips so that I could feel more of him and all I could let out was a strangled cry. The only thing stopping me from biting his nose clear off is my t-shirt he's used as a gag to hush my screaming.

He moans loudly as he runs his sharp teeth up my neck before sinking into my pulse point making me cringe and nearly vomit in disgust.

His lips vaporize the area on my neck as he sucks and pulls harshly, making him moan even louder as he scrapes up my bare back with his blunt nails harshly, before moving down to grab my ass greedily.

They started off as simple silent tears rolling down my cheeks one after the other, leaving a trail of where it travelled from my eyes till they fell down to my chin.

Do you trust me?

Harry's question from earlier replays in my head as I get out of the shower.

Lately, I've been feeling a lot of unknown emotions when it came to Harry. But feeling is one thing, trying to process what those feeling are and what they mean is entirely different.

I haven't really processed how I feel. In fact, I still haven't bothered to figure out what these feelings are yet and I don't think I want to.

Then you have to trust me when I say I would never hurt you.

Those words put me at ease earlier but I don't know how I feel about them now.

They wouldn't change what the outcome of all of this would be.